Chapter 157: Elif, Lucifer, and Ivan

Since the next closest city was a decent distance away and would take some time before we arrived, I opted to use this moment of peace to cultivate, considering I hadn't been able to do any of that this entire day as we'd been searching for that Angel.

While cultivating, I began to search through the sea of near-infinite knowledge, trying to find any information that would increase my understanding of the Dao of cultivation, which wasn't easy, considering even if I happened to discover useful information, I'd still have to comprehend it, and that alone could take up to weeks.

However, while cultivating, I suddenly felt something deep within myself tremble, and as time passed, its trembling only began to get more intense; retracting my divine sense back to my body, I sent it deep within myself, searching for the cause of such trembling, yet what I found surprised me.

'So this is the origin of such trembling.' Thought Elif as he viewed his mysterious intent that was trembling in the depths of his very being.

I was very much confused as I've noticed over the years the only time it ever trembles or shows activity is in response to my will, which was weird since currently I was pretty calm; granted, I may be a little annoyed, but that shouldn't have been enough to affect my intent.

'No, I'm not the cause for the trembling; it's something else, someone else. Someone else with the same mysterious, pure, and powerful intent as I.' Pondered Elif with a slight smirk as he recalled his divine sense from the depths of his soul.

"How far away are we from the city?" Asked Elif with an expression of excitement, something Illumia noticed.

"We're nearly there; only a few more minutes, Your Highness." Replied Illumia, curious about Elif's excitement, as she knew it was infrequent to see Elif genuinely excited.

"Hmm, you seem excited, Your Highness; did something good happen with your cultivation?" Asked Marley, her words garnering Idonea's attention.

"No, nothing happened with my cultivation." Replied Elif while gently shaking his head.

"Then what's got you so excited? It's not every day we see you so excited about something." Said Marley, the three ladies sitting opposite Elif filled with curiosity.

"Heh, you'll see Marley, and soon at that." Stated Elif with a smirk as he looked out the window of the speedy carriage while his intent continued to tremble.

___
___

"Your Highness, we've arrived." Stated Illumia blandly while looking at several guards wearing armor with the Heavenly Empire emblem.

Hearing Illumia's words, I opened my eyes and looked out the window while eyeing the city, though since Ivan was here, I did expect to see a few people from the Heavenly Empire. I was just confused as to why there were so many guards; from the looks of it, he seemed to have isolated the entire city.

'Maybe that's how he searches for the Angel? Well, I don't care about that angel anymore; I'm looking for the person who is the cause of my intent trembling so intensely.' Thought Elif as he ignored the guards down below and exited the carriage.

"Your Highness." Said Mandy and her guards as they gave Elif a slight bow.

Nodding to them, I approached Zulo and Zala; after patting their incredibly fluffy manes, I ordered them to stay outside before signaling everyone else to follow me as I headed toward the city. As we approached the city, I noticed a massive line of people wishing to enter, though the Heavenly Empire guards denied access to everyone.

'Wonder how they'll act before my presence?' Pondered Elif as he skipped the long line and neared the entrance gate, his presence already noticed by Ivan.