Chapter 35: Tag or Hide & Seek?

After I had found Elaine, we continued playing a few more times, with me always being the seeker, and now we are just lying on the ground in the middle of the jungle beside each other, doing nothing.

"Your highness, Ms. Sarah Eve has requested an audience with you. Do you wish to go, or shall I bring her here?" Said Illumia, appearing before the lying Elif.

"Ohh, it's Sarah!? Brother, tell her to come here; then we'll be able to play tag!" Said Elaine happily at the mention of Sarah.

"Ok, ok, you know what to do, Illumia." Agreed Elif, as he still needs to listen to Elaine for the day.

With a bow, Illumia vanished from her spot, leaving the both of us to wait for Sarah, who regularly visits me in the castle, and the whole reason she even started to do this was every time we hung out inside the city, her sister, Marley would constantly interrupt our fun. Hence, several months ago, I decided to bring her to the castle so we could enjoy our time together without worrying about her dumb sister; since then, Sarah had started visiting on her own regularly once a week, so it was only a matter of time before she met Elaine. Honestly, with how fun those two have together, I wonder if Sarah visits Elaine or me.

Sometime later, I could hear the footsteps of someone small running through the jungle while rapidly approaching our location; as I looked over to the left, I saw Sarah wearing a short dress running through the jungle with a smile on her face, and further back in the distance I could see Illumia walking as well.

"Your highness! I came to play!" Shouted Sarah as she ran through the jungle resulting in her dress getting slightly dirty.

"You don't need to yell, Sarah." Replied Elif as he stood up from the ground while dusting all of the dirt off him.

Over the past two years, Sarah hasn't changed much in appearance; she's just grown a little bigger, though her personality had changed the most since our first encounter; when I first met her, Sarah was very timid and easily frightened, but now she's outspoken and doesn't hold back, even when she mocks me, her prince. However, I have noticed that her cultivation has barely improved over the last two years; back then, she was a middle Nascent Soul cultivator; now though she is a peak Half-step Saint, what's taken her two years I achieved in mere weeks. While I know I'm incredibly talented, Sarah isn't that untalented; I've asked her before, and from what she told me, she was born with a high Saint spirit root, something I would consider worse than garbage. Still, I know it shouldn't take her that long to achieve her current cultivation base.

Anyways, I didn't care too much about her cultivation or talent; all I cared about was having fun, and playing with Sarah was fun, especially considering we had a lot of things in common.

"Oh, hey Princess, I didn't see you there. What were you two doing here in the middle of the forest?" Asked Sarah as she stopped running when she arrived near Elif and Elaine.

"We were playing hide&seek, though we got bored after a while and just laid on the ground until you came along." Answered Elif.

"Yeah, now that you're here, we can play tag since playing tag with just me and big brother is not fun." Said Elaine with a smile on her face.

"That sounds like fun, but who'll be the seeker?" Asked Sarah.

"Hmm, I got an idea, Illumia; you'll play with us, and your job is to capture us while we try our best to avoid you; however, the only rule is that we must completely suppress our cultivation base; otherwise, it won't be as fun." Ordered Elif to Illumia, who appeared directly after he called her name.

"I understand, your highness." Replied Illumia.

"We'll get a twenty-second head start, so start running!" Said Elif as he started running away, followed closely by Sarah and Elaine.