Chapter 86: Phoenix and Heavenly Tribulation

Once I'm back inside the spirit realm, the portal below me closes up, and the space returns to normal, though I am too preoccupied with my thoughts to notice.

'They managed to escape from me.' Thought Elif in anger and embarrassment.

"Is everything alright, your highness?" Asked Idonea after seeing Elif stand there silently.

Hearing Idonea call out to me, I stop my train of thought and release a sigh before replying.

"No, but it isn't anything serious. Let us leave this place; I wish to return home quickly." Said Elif after finally managing to suppress his anger as he gave one last look at where the portal was originally before flying into the sky.

As Idonea and I were about to fly away, we stopped as we suddenly sensed a sizeable amount of Qi erupt nearby; looking down, we observed as one of Comet's so-called 'women' seemed to be going through some metamorphosis; bright hot flames were enveloping her body; however, it didn't cause her any harm.

Soon enough, her body had been completely converted into flames, leaving her flesh and blood behind; however, it also seemed to have given her a substantial boost in strength, nothing that could threaten Idonea or me, but otherwise, she was now quite a powerful cultivator in this realm.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR KILLING MY BELOVED!!" Yelled the fiery woman while crying tears of fire as she tried launching herself toward Elif before again getting pressured to the ground by Idonea.

While I did find her sudden change somewhat interesting, after everything that had just transpired, I was not in the mood to deal with her. However, luckily for her, just when I was about to let Idonea do as she pleased to the women, I saw a black portal appear, and emerging out of it was a giant white Phoenix; its presence caused the vicinity to increase in temperature significantly.

'Hmm, it seems like she must've awakened her Phoenix heritage or something; otherwise, the Divine Phoenix Clan wouldn't send someone down here. Still, I couldn't care less.' Thought Elif as he watched the white Phoenix land beside the women Idonea was pressuring before transforming into a young woman while keeping her hair as white flames.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Prince Elif. Though I must say, I wish the circumstances could've been better." Said the white Phoenix as she stood in front of the women on the ground, causing her to take the brunt of the pressure Idonea released, but it didn't seem like it affected her.

"So do I, and I'm sure, as you can see, I'm currently not in the most energetic mood." Replied Elif as he held back his anger while conversing with the Phoenix, though he still sounded incredibly annoyed.

"Then I won't take up any more of your time; the Phoenix Patriarch has ordered me to retrieve one of our clan's missing descendants, Though it seems like you two currently have some type of conflict." Said the Phoenix as she looked between Elif and the young women behind her, who finally managed to stand up.

"It's fine; you can take her; she's not worth wasting my time on anyways. Besides, I wished to one day visit the Divine Phoenix Clan; I don't wish to create some bad blood between us over something so insignificant." Said Elif, wanting to get this conversation over quickly.

"We, the Divine Phoenix Clan, appreciate your generosity, and I'll relay your words back to the Patriarch, as I'm sure he and the Clan would be greatly delighted to have you as a guest. Until then, this will be farewell, Prince Elif." Said the Phoenix, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the disregard of one of their descendants. Still, she didn't dwell on it and forcefully grabbed the young woman before she could do something stupid and entered the black portal.

With both Phoenix's finally disappearing, Idonea and I quickly left the sect before arriving at the location where the old Demon previously lived. Once inside the cave, I arrived at the area with the large opening before sitting down and began cultivating; hopefully, by the time I finish, my emotions will finally settle down.