Chapter 179: First Sign of Danger

Glancing at the five women, just as I was about to respond to them, I noticed Elaine suddenly furrow her brows before snapping her head toward the south with an intense gaze; seeing Elaine's sudden reaction, I did the same and spread my divine sense while scrutinizing every inch of the forest, but even so, I couldn't discern anything out of the usual, which caused me to frown since the range of my divine sense is a few times larger than Elaine's, yet I still couldn't notice anything.

'For me to not notice anything, it's either really far away, or it has something to do with a sudden shift in the void; however, given our cultivation bases, it must be something to do with the void.' Thought Elif with a frown as he fanned himself while still intently looking toward the south, both him and Elaine completely ignoring the five confused women.

"Can you sense that, Brother?" Asked Elaine while intently observing the void, searching for any sudden unnatural movement.

"No, I, unfortunately, can't; however, I presume it has something to do with the void? Otherwise, I should be able to locate the cause for your concern." Replied Elif lightly as he summoned Hokori, and although he didn't sense any danger, he figured it would be better to be safe than sorry, especially since Elaine was with him.

"Yes, it's something to do with the void; just a few seconds ago, I noticed an anomaly occur within the void, though it was incredibly faint, meaning it was very far away, so it's not that surprising you can't sense anything, Brother." Stated Elaine with a slight frown as she began occasionally sensing a very light vibration traveling through the void; if it weren't because she was already alert, she would've missed them.

"An anomaly? Anomalies occur rather often within the void when you take into account its sheer size, though for you to be able to even notice something, it must've happened within the Treasure realm; am I correct?" Said Elif as he ignored whatever was occurring in the south and glanced at Elaine, who was sporting a troubled and confused expression.

"Yes, and while that alone wouldn't have been a cause for concern, the problem is that the anomaly gave me a feeling similar to when Mother and Father ripped a hole in space, creating a pathway between different realms." Replied Elaine, while Elif took on a more thoughtful expression as he began pondering about what caused the anomaly.

"Hmm, are you sure you're not mistaken, Elaine? The Treasure realm may be weaker, but still, even I wouldn't find it possible to puncture a hole through the ambient space; one would need to be at least a Celestial or have a Divine rank artifact to do that, yet such a thing isn't possible. Among all the six thousand cultivators, an early Divine Lord is the highest cultivation base; even then, they were rather weak for being an early Divine Lord, signifying they must've rushed their cultivation while ignoring their foundation. Besides you and I, no one is permitted to have a Divine rank artifact; if there were any, they would've been confiscated by Father." Declared Elif while fanning himself, his words only plunging Elaine deeper into confusion.

"I'm not entirely sure what I sensed was exactly that; the movement of the void was very faint and hardly noticeable, so It's possible I misinterpreted what I had sensed. However, what's more concerning is that I had just sensed the void trembling, and each time it happened, it progressively became more powerful; the void trembled nine times, the same as a Heavenly Tribulation." Stated Elaine; this time, it was Elif's turn to be confused since while he may not have the void physique, he knew Elaine's capabilities and limits very well, almost like the back of his hand.

"That... That doesn't make any sense, Elaine; a Heavenly Tribulation? Sure, there are a few hundred cultivators who haven't yet ascended to a Divine, but if any one of them were undergoing a Heavenly Tribulation, they either would've been close enough to where I was able to locate them with my Divine Sense, or you wouldn't have sensed them at all. A Heavenly Tribulation for a newly ascended Divine isn't capable of forming lightning Tribulations with enough power to affect the void of a Heavenly realm whatsoever, and I'm sure you know that better than anyone, even me." Remarked Elif with an intense frown while gazing at Elaine, though he didn't doubt her words.