Chapter 140: Battle!

"Haa, you guys are something else; I'll tell you what; I really choose a weird group of people to befriend." Commented Elif with a sigh while everyone else chuckled.

"So, is that a yes or no, Prince Elif?" Asked Shelia though her words only caused Elif to sigh further.

"Yes, I don't mind fighting you all; I was just surprised at the sudden request. Next time, if you don't mind, let us schedule a date and place for our battle." Remarked Elif as he stood up while eyeing the five of them.

"Hahaha, great! So, where will we be fighting!?" Exclaimed Goliath, full of eagerness and excitement as he and everyone else stood up while following Elif.

"We will conduct the battle here on this island; it is already nighttime, so having the battle at the stadium, which is at the center island, would be impolite; as you know, this is the time when most people are cultivating." Stated Elif as he headed toward the courtyard where Marley and Idonea usually spar against each other.

"Hmm, are you sure that is a good idea, Prince Elif? If things happened to get heated, we might end up destroying the entire island." Said Birger as they approached the courtyard where Marley and Idonea were currently, though they weren't sparing, just training.

"If this island gets destroyed, I don't care who did it, but you're paying for it, Birger." Declared Eyvor with a huff while eyeing Birger, her unreasonable statement eliciting his annoyance.

"I was just stating a possibility, and while I will pay for it if I'm the reason the island gets destroyed, I will not be paying otherwise." Stated Birger while glaring at Eyvor in annoyance.

"Hmph, we'll see about that." Remarked Eyvor as she ignored Birger and folded her arms.

"Neither of you needs to worry about the island getting destroyed; I'll have Illumia isolate our battle; that way, there is no chance for anything to get destroyed. Like my residence." Said Elif calmly as he pointed at Illumia in the distance while emphasizing the last part as he neared Idonea and Marley, causing the two women to stop training and turn around awkwardly.

"Your Highness." Said Marley and Idonea simultaneously with a slight bow.

"I'm going to fight the five of them. Do you wish to join as well? You two may be slightly weaker than them, but adding two more opponents will slightly increase the pressure on me." Asked Elif while looking at Idonea and Marley.

"No, thank you, your Highness; Marley and I have already been beaten enough already; we do not wish to get riddles with injuries after having just healed from them." Replied Idonea blandly while Marley nodded in agreement.

"Fair enough; if you don't plan to participate in the battle, I suggest distancing yourself from this area, as we plan to conduct the battle here. Alright, are the five of you ready?" Stated Elif with a nod before shifting his attention toward the five while two seemed to be in a state of confusion.

"Five? Echo and I didn't plan to participate in this battle, Prince Elif." Remarked Eyvor while Echo nodded in agreement, though Elif merely ignored her words.

"Oh, please, Eyvor, stop trying to escape the inevitable and fight me; a spar between the two of us was bound to happen one day." Retorted Elif while glancing at Eyvor, who released a sigh.

"Haa, Alright, fine; just go easy on me; I would prefer not to have a cracked body when this battle is over." Said Eyvor while hanging her head down in defeat.

"And you, Echo, unlike Eyvor and Birger, you've never seen my strength, so I'm sure you must be intrigued, no? Who wouldn't be interested in experiencing the strength of a descendant of an Immortal Hegemony? Besides, the next time you get the opportunity to fight against someone with my status, it most likely won't be as friendly as today." Stated Elif; his words caused Echo to ponder deeply.