Chapter 190: Elif & Elaine's Plan

"So, given Miss Via's teachings, how confident are you in closing the portal, Elaine?" Asked Elif as he glanced at Elaine while the two flew through the void, hidden from sight, though the monsters could still roughly discern their position.

"Hmm, it depends. I've only been learning from Miss Via for a little over a year, and I'm still studying Earth tier formations, so if the portal is just a simple portal, I'm confident in at least being able to stop it from increasing in power. However, if it's a portal backed by a formation, I won't be able to do anything; it'll be too complicated for me, someone who is still learning basic formations." Replied Elaine through furrowed brows as she gazed at the sea of monsters, which was everywhere she looked; the only vacant place was the sky above them.

"Formation? Well, we can't rule out that possibility, but I find such a possibility hard to believe; wouldn't the supposed formation need to be formed inside the Treasure realm? Father had inspected every participant, along with their belongings, with his divine sense before they were finally allowed entrance; even if the formation were a low-level one, it would still need some form of resources, and Father wouldn't allow someone suspicious into the Treasure realm." Remarked Elif with a frown as he glanced at Elaine's thoughtful expression, curious what was on her mind.

"What's gotten you pondering so deeply, Elaine? I'm assuming it's regarding our predicament." Asked Elif, prompting Elaine to look at Elif while expressing her thoughts.

"I was just thinking if the cause of this was because of a formation; it couldn't be too powerful, considering the first monsters that appeared were mostly weak Saint monsters. So the formation was mediocre, but after a few days, it's now able to allow passage to monsters with the strength of a Divine King; the only logical answer to this would be the formation was the kind that can grow." Replied Elaine, while Elif nodded in understanding as he followed along.

"Grow? Do you mean adaptable formations? I don't know as much about formations as you do, but aren't adaptable formations credited to be rather powerful?" Asked Elif with a raised eyebrow, and while Elaine nodded in confirmation, she was slightly smirking.

"Yes, they are one of the more powerful types of formations since, with enough time and just basic resources, a mediocre formation will eventually grow into an incredibly powerful and terrifying formation." Said Elaine with a slight smirk as she viewed the endless horde of monsters that ran amok in the realm.

"However?" Added Elif, knowing such an amazing thing couldn't exist without some form of drawback.

"However, while the strength of the formation may grow, the formation itself won't adapt, and since the initial formation was a low tier, that makes it very easy to destroy and tamper with; even someone with basic knowledge will be able to destroyer the formation by hardly doing anything." Stated Elaine with a smile while Elif smirked alongside her.

"That's good to know; however, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, Elaine. Let's first observe the portal before making any decisions on how to progress, lest we make a mistake." Advised Elif with a slight smirk as he looked at Elaine, who smiled and nodded in response.

"Alright, Brother; just make sure to stay close to me." Said Elaine while smiling as she brought her hand, which was holding Elif's, closer to her, causing the distance between the two to lessen.

"Since we are still in relative safety, I'll play along; just make you stay focused once we arrive at the portal." Remarked Elif with a slight shake of his head as he practically hugged Elaine, causing her to display an expression that contained love and obsession.

For the next day, we continued flying just like this, both of us embracing each other while wrapped in our Qi, and though it probably wasn't the most optimal, neither of us was complaining; besides, for some reason, I felt like I just needed to shower Elaine with my love.
___
___