Chapter 166: Evolution

"Entertaining battle; you've finally gotten your revenge from the last match, Marley." Remarked Elif with a slight smirk while snacking on lightning cherries as the two slowly neared him.

"Y-Yeah, though it wasn't easy; if my final attack didn't defeat her, I would've lost." Replied Marley with a light smile as she and Idonea caught a pill Elif tossed on them before consuming it without hesitating.

Directly after they consumed the rejuvenation pill I tossed to them, they sat down a few meters before me and started guiding the energy the pill contained to their more serious injuries so that they may heal quicker, though they didn't stay like this for a long time, merely thirty or so minutes, which is usually the amount of time it takes until the energy contained the pill is used-up.

"Thank you, your Highness." Said Idonea and Marley as they stood up in newfound vigor, though they weren't fully healed yet.

"So, what were you doing, your Highness?" Asked Marley curiously as she sat down opposite Elif, Idonea doing the same.

"Just what you'd expect: exploring the manor, engaging in conversation with the Patriarch, and participating in a banquet, which I had just returned from, as a matter of fact. Though I will say, I might've just gained access to a unique and mighty treasure." Replied Elif calmly with a light smile while glancing at Idonea and Marley, his words arousing the interest of the two.

"Knowing how difficult it is for something to be labeled a unique and powerful treasure by you, it must be one-of-a-kind. Mind telling us?" Remarked Marley curiously as she leaned forward, seemingly ready to listen, while Idonea stayed the same.

Since the information about the flame of rebirth isn't really a big deal, at least in my opinion, I had no qualms about informing them about it, so for the next half-hour, I explained to them my knowledge about the flame of rebirth. However, while she didn't move a single muscle, I could tell even Illumia was listening to me.

"So essentially, because that stupid Phoenix attacked you with the intent to kill, you've managed to coerce the Patriarch into possibly allowing you to bathe in the Flames of Rebirth, which should, in theory, vastly improve your strength!?" Asked Idonea in astonishment while Marley just blankly sat there with widened eyes as she stared at Elif.

"Yes, though apparently no outsider, or more accurately, no non-Phoenix, has ever been allowed to bathe in the Flames Rebirth, so they have no idea whether it's actually possible; also, if it is feasible, given my already impressive strength, I highly doubt my strength would vastly improve, a slight improvement, maybe, but not vastly." Replied Elif, still snacking on lightning cherries.

"Still, even so, your Highness, just a slight improvement in your strength could be considered massive for someone as talented and powerful as you; bathing in the Flames of Rebirth will only further cement your position as the strongest in this generation!" Stated Marley as she finally snapped out of her little daze.

"You think I don't already know that, Marley? I know my strength better than anyone present, well, maybe except for Illumia, but only I know how difficult it is to improve my natural strength. The only way for me to improve my natural strength would be for my Physique to evolve to a high-Immortal tier; however, I'm sure everyone here knows how insanely difficult such a thing would be to accomplish, not to mention if it's even possible." Remarked Elif while eyeing Marley before shaking his head.

After my remark, we three went silent; I was thinking about returning home, while Idonea also seemed to be pondering something, and Marley, well, Marley was doing Marley things.

"Have there ever been any records of someone with an Immortal Physique or Immortal spirit root evolving theirs to a higher degree, no matter the method?" Asked Idonea curiously while glancing at Elif, who had just returned his bowl of lightning cherries to his dimension ring.