Chapter 161: Anger Of A Phoenix!

Once the carriage approached, the group of Phoenixes, Zulo, and Zala slowed down until they came to a halt, stopping right before the three people, though I did happen to spot a familiar face.

"It's you again." Said Elif with a raised eyebrow as he opened the carriage window, allowing the scalding air to enter the carriage while eyeing the only woman among the three people.

"Yes, it is I, Prince Elif; now that we're speaking on much better circumstances, I'm Zanga, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Said the young lady with beautiful white flaming hair while slightly bowing.

"Now then, if you could please follow me, Prince Elif, I'll lead you toward your residence." Added the young lady as she and her two companies turned around and flew deeper into the sea of volcanoes.

Nodding in response, I had Zulo and Zala follow closely behind her, which forced me to close the window as we ended up flying through the smoke of volcanoes on several occasions; although it wouldn't have harmed any of us, I didn't feel like breathing in smoke.

Contrary to what I had expected when I first arrived here, there was an abundance of life scattered about, and they seemed to thrive in this environment; such a sight was unique, in my opinion, as no mortal Elf would be able to survive here, the heat alone with cook them alive.

While looking out the window, I sensed a massive volcano enter my divine sense, causing me to raise my eyebrow in interest as I shifted my attention to it far off in the distance; thankfully, it was inactive, though I was very interested in seeing it erupt, I have no doubt that would be quite the sight. Unfortunately, it seemed like I'd never get that opportunity since, as we got closer, I began to sense various buildings and numerous signs of life from the center of the volcano, and considering we were heading directly toward it, I realized what it was.

'Must be the Phoenix Clans estate; though for it to be located in the center of a volcano, even if said volcano is massive, it's still quite a small area for an estate.' Thought Elif while nearing the massive volcano.

Once we got close to the volcano, you'd be able to see numerous flying creatures at the volcano's peak; most of them were Phoenixes, though from their size, they must've been hatchlings. As we approached the peak of the volcano, we were spotted by the Phoenixes flying about as they looked at us with curious eyes while nearing the carriage.

One of the Phoenixes was quite bold as she floated just a few meters before my window while attempting to look inside; amused at her actions, I opened the window, which allowed her to see me, and when she did, I saw her phoenix eyes sparkle as she slowly yet eagerly approached me.

When she was right before me, less than a meter away, I stuck my hand out invitingly, which she accepted as she reached forward and gently rested her head atop my hand. Feeling her soft flames caress my skin, I lightly smiled as I stroked her neck, causing her to release pleasant chirps that seemed to successfully arouse the surrounding Phoenixes as they all quickly approached me, which slightly took me aback as I hadn't expected this outcome.

Thankfully, Zanga came along and disbanded the group of young Phoenixes, causing them all to quickly retreat in disappointment, and although the phoenix I was currently caressing was hesitant when she noticed Zanga approaching her, she gave me one last chirp before reluctantly flying away.

'Heh, she's quite weird, but she felt very soft; I wonder if that's how all Phoenixes feel like?' Pondered Elif with a slight smile while eyeing the Phoenix

"Haa, sorry about that, Prince Elif; they're younglings, so they're very curious and don't know much better. I hope they didn't bother you." Said Zanga with an apologetic expression.