Chapter 188: The Crew Back Together

Having taken care of the monsters for now, I emerged from the void and floated down toward Idonea, Sarah, and Marley, who seemed to be in very rough shape, not too far away from dying.

"Y-Your Highness, you finally arrived!" Said Sarah with teary eyes as she looked at Elaine like a savoir, which, to them, she was.

"It took a few days of constantly flying, but I arrived; anyways, we can speak later. Here, hand Sarah this; it should be more potent than the pills you've given her so far." Remarked Elaine calmly with a nod as she summoned a pill from her dimension before reluctantly tossing it toward Idonea, who caught it and fed it to the dying Marley.

'Tch, if Brother were farther away, I would've killed them myself, except for Sarah; stupid bitches, trying to get in between Brother and I.' Mused Elaine with hatred as she eyed Marley and Idonea while killing intent leaked out of Orcus, before shaking her head, getting rid of such thoughts, lest she accidentally exposes her true feelings.

After Marley swallowed the pill, her condition started rapidly improving; her skin regained its healthy color while her Qi reserves started slowly filling up; the only thing that remained the same was the large hole in her torso. Even though that deadly injury was noticeably healing, it was at a slow rate, probably going to take a day or two before it fully healed; much to annoyance, I should've laced her pill in poison.

"Your Highness, do you have any idea what's happening? I don't know much about the Treasure realm, but this doesn't look like something that should ever occur." Asked Idonea as she handed the unconscious Marley over to Sarah and approached Elaine.

"No, I don't know what's happening, though I will say those monsters seem familiar." Remarked Elaine with a frown as she looked down at the river of red monsters before looking south, only to see a massive horde of monsters, much bigger than the previous horde, near their location.

"You've seen these monsters before, Your Highness?" Replied Idonea in slight surprise as she followed Elaine's gaze, her expression turning ugly when she noticed the massive horde.

"No, this is my first time encountering such mindless creatures; I believe Great-grandfather mentioned something similar." Muttered Elaine with a shake of her head as she brandished Orcus, preparing to engage with the incoming horde, but all of a sudden, she stopped and displayed a beautiful smile.

Looking up at the sky, I spotted Big Brother, looking heavenly as usual as he floated toward our location; if it weren't for our predicament, I would've flown straight into his embrace, which was an addictive sensation.

"You must be talking about Nether monsters that originate from the Nether dimension; just like you said, Elaine, they're nothing but mindless creatures that attack everything in sight. It may not sound that intimidating, but as you can see, and from what you've experienced, Idonea, it's their seemingly endless number that makes them so dangerous." Said Elif softly as he neared the two four while looking at the incoming horde, causing a frown to adorn his flawless face.
___
___

"Your Highness! Brother!" Said Idonea and Elaine, respectively, as one leaped forward and hugged Elif while the other gave them a look of jealousy.

"Yes, yes, it is I, the peerless Crown Prince Elif." Stated Elif narcissistically as he flipped his hair back and smirked while lightly patting Elaine's head, who was currently deep in his embrace.

"Though, thankfully, it seems like I'm not too late; thanks for protecting them, Elaine." Added Elif with a smile that morphed into a frown when he saw Marley's condition before smiling again as he looked at Elaine.

"Hehe, but of course Brother." Said Elaine with a cute smile as she looked up at Elif, though she was currently thinking something completely different.