Chapter 66: Alchemist Caine

When I had finally managed to get away from father, I headed towards Elaine's room as I was curious to see how far she had progressed since she left with mother. When I arrived at her room, I saw a sign attached to her door that said, do not enter, but I ignored it and entered her room while hiding my presence; I didn't want to possibly awaken her in the middle of her cultivating.

Once inside her room, I sensed Elaine in her bathroom, so that's where I went, and when I arrived, I saw her sitting in the large bath filled with green liquid that radiated a heavenly smell while she was meditating.

'That green liquid must be the resources that mother got for her, and it seemed like they've been working, considering Elaine is currently absorbing Qi. Though I never realized how much faster my spirit root was at absorbing Qi compared to everyone else.' Thought Elif, still coming to learn how immensely talented he truly was.

While I watched Elaine cultivate, she suddenly stopped and opened her eyes in happiness.

"Yes! I've finally opened all my meridians. Now I can move on to Qi gathering!" Exclaimed Elaine excitedly as she began cultivating again, though a voice stopped her from doing so.

"Good job Elaine; it seems you've been doing well." Said Elif while still hiding his presence from Elaine.

"Ahh! Ugh, brother, don't sneak into my room, and stop hiding!" Said Elaine in anger after she calmed down from fright.

"Haha, alright, alright, calm down, no need to get so agitated; I was merely messing with you. So, have you enjoyed cultivation so far?" Said Elif with a chuckle as he revealed himself standing in the distance.

"Hmph, except for having to sit down for almost two and a half hours to be able to sense Qi, everything else has been enjoyable. Just having this new ability to control Qi is incredible, especially knowing what I'll be able to do with it in the future." Said Elaine with a smile, while ripples appeared in the green water around her body as she expelled the tiny amount of Qi in her possession.

"So it seems all that waiting was worth it, was it not? With Qi, you'll gain incredible power and even be able to fly in the future, which is quite an amazing thing for someone who couldn't do so previously." Stated Elif as he hovered over the bath upside down while his head rested near Elaine.

"It was definitely worth the wait, and soon I'll be able to get my revenge for all the times you've bullied me. Don't think I've forgotten about them; it's only a matter of time before I get my revenge!" Stated Elaine as she tried splashing Elif with the water she was sitting in, though Elif easily stopped it by forming an invisible Qi wall.

"By all means, please go ahead, but all your efforts will be futile; you've merely started cultivating while I'm close to passing my second Heavenly Tribulation. It will take many years before you achieve the same cultivation base as me, and let's not even consider the strength gap between you and me." Declared Elif with a smile as he vanished from his spot only to appear near the exit.

"Heavenly Tribulation? Isn't that when a bunch of lightning bolts attacks you or something? I think that's what one of those servants said." Asked Elaine, recalling some information she overhead from some servant's conversation.

"Yes, and you'll be forced to go through a Heavenly Tribulation in the future as well, but that's not something you need to worry about right now anyways. Alright, I'll be leaving Elaine; I'm sure mother has already warned you about the dangers of cultivating, but still, be safe." Said Elif lovingly as he left the room with a smile.

As I left Elaine so she could continue cultivating, I remembered about the pill mother wanted and figured I should go and hand it over to her. Still, before that, I thought having our royal alchemist inspect it first would be smarter, so I changed directions and headed toward his location.