Chapter 30: Motivation!

After some thinking, I couldn't determine what my Dao Heart was, so I decided I'll take this book and think about it later; putting the book inside my dimension ring, I continued browsing through the book shelf till I finished all of the books, even the ones too high for me to reach. However, I just had Illumia get those for me.

Heavenly Scar, Fairy Sword Dance, and the Elven Body Flicker were the only techniques besides Royal Elf's Palm that I decided to learn; nothing else interested me enough.

~Heavenly Scar- A technique created by the Sheathing Sword Emperor with the desire to slash the very heavens. Though It is not confirmed, there are rumors and legends of a long gash in the sky somewhere in the Overworld. Offensive technique, Low Immortal tier.~

~Fairy Sword Dance- A technique created by a Fairy and Elf with the hopes of combining the Fairies' splendid Illusory abilities and the Elf's incredible agility and flexibility to create a deadly dance of Illusory blades. Offensive technique, Middle Immortal tier.~

~Elven Body Flicker-Created by an Elf later known as the Illusory Elf. A technique with the sole purpose of gaining incredible agility on the battlefield so you can frolic unhindered while killing your enemies. It's said that once mastering this technique, you can be in two places at once. Movement technique, Middle Immortal tier.~

~Royal Elf's Palm- A technique created by Progenitor Lordess herself to showcase the dignity, pride, and power the Royal Elves possess! Offensive technique, High Immortal tier.~

"Great grandfather, I've finished deciding which techniques I'll learn." Said Elif, while Illumia held all of the books he's collected to show Charles, who had just appeared before them out of nowhere.

"Ho, well then, let me see them, so I know which books I must copy again." Said Charles as he grabbed hold of the books Illumia handed to him.

"Those Books are copies?" Asked Elif as he watched Charles look at each book.

"But of course, you're still young and inexperienced, so you don't know how valuable each one of these techniques are, but just the mention of a God-tier technique alone would cause tens of trillions of deaths in the OverRealm with cultivators fighting for it, let alone the mention of an Immortal technique, not even other Immortal hegemonies would sit still at that knowledge. Well, you've only picked four techniques which isn't much, but each one is an Immortal tier, so do expect some difficulty in learning them, and I see you plan on taking the book of Dao's with you as well, probably the best choice you could've made, here you go." Replied Charles, as he informed Elif before handing the books back over to him, who then put them inside his dimension ring.

"Great grandfather, is what mentioned on the first page of the book of Dao's true? Can an untalented commoner really surpass someone like me, an incredibly talented Prince, just because of a stronger Dao Heart?" Asked Elif, and while he believed what was written by Lordess to be accurate, he wished to know more about it as he still found it hard to understand how some random weak Cultivator could possibly surpass him.

"Hoho, if Progenitor Lordess said it, then it must be true as the amount of knowledge and experience she has is vastly superior to mine that I might as well be considered an infant compared to her. However, for you to ask this question, I'm going to assume you dislike the Idea of being surpassed by someone you consider less talented than you?" Replied Charles with a chuckle before asking Elif a question.

"Of course, great grandfather, I do not believe that someone with inferior talent can surpass me, especially considering my status as the Crown Prince of an Immortal Empire." Said Elif, and while his words came off as prideful, he didn't even register it as pride; instead, he believed what he said to be a matter of fact.