Chapter 57: Species knowledge

Picking up 'Species of the OverRealm', which is by far one of the most oversized books I've seen, even bigger than 'the Book of Daos'. Opening it to the first page, which is the table of contents, I notice that there are only three different categories; Land species, Water species, and Soul species; after each group, it also says the number of pages each type possesses, with the Water creature section having the most by a longshot.

'Well, I don't plan on reading much of the Water creature species, considering Elves are meant for land, but I will check up on the Water and Soul sections, especially the Fairies.' Thought Elif, flipping to the first page, which Dragons occupied.

~DRAGONS. The very first intelligent species that appeared in the OverRealm. They are known for their astonishing intelligence, power, lifespan, and endurance among all species; however, they are also known to be incredibly arrogant, short-tempered, and hold a grudge until their death.~

'Hmm, does that mean that the Immortal Dragon Clan hates Elves since Progenitor Lordess killed their Dragon King?' Pondered Elif, not knowing that it's a common fact in the OverRealm that Dragons and Elves greatly resent one another.

~PHOENIX. The second Intelligent land species to be born in the OverRealm. They are known for their kindness, courage, peacefulness, intelligence, and regenerative properties. It's rumored that the first flame to ever appear in the OverRealm gave birth to the very first Phoenix; however, the only ones who could know the truth are the Dragons and Phoenixes. Nonetheless, do not mistake a Phoenix for being weak or soft, as a Phoenix's wrath is even more terrifying than a Dragons.~

'Phoenixes sound like a species I would get along with; I hope to meet them one day.' Thought Elif before flipping to the next page.

~GOLEMS. Born from the very elements themselves, Golems come in many different shapes, sizes, and abilities at birth; they also have the most diverse species in the OverRealm. The five most common Golem are Rock, Air, Water, Fire, and Qi Golems, each having a unique connection to their respective element, allowing them to perform incredible feats even without a cultivation base. During the Primordial Epoch, before cultivation was introduced, and without considering the Dragons, the Golems were the most powerful and feared species, thanks to their unique ability. As long as a Golem is surrounded by their respective element, they're essentially immortal as long as they protect their core. They still have said ability today; however, with cultivation and the use of Qi techniques, their immortality isn't anything that can't be easily bypassed.~

'I would be quite angry if I had to fight against an immortal enemy; highly annoying.' Thought Elif as he flipped to another page.

~HUMANS. They're known for their ability to quickly adapt to any situation and somehow change it to their advantage; they are also the only species that can procreate with every other species successfully. Humans are a very impulsive species known for their lustfulness, greediness, jealousy, arrogance, chaoticness, and deceit.~

'Luckily, I'm not a human. Wouldn't want to be related to that terrible species.' Thought Elif as he wiped imaginary sweat while flipping to another page.

~ELVES. They're known to be a very peaceful species with a love for nature and knowledge; It's believed that their species is the most beautiful in all of the OverRealm, with only Succubus and Incubus capable of rivaling their beauty. They are also blessed with a naturally long lifespan, just below that of Dragons; however, because of that, their species is absurdly low in number.~

'Low in number? There are billions of Elves within Yggdrasil alone, and let's not even consider the whole Empire. However, I agree with that description; I've never seen an Elf more beautiful than me.' Thought Elif narcissistically as he looked at his reflection on the silver tray Illumia brought.