Chapter 68: Maxim and Offspring?

"You two should try them on and see how they operate, although if I had to guess, you probably just inject Qi into it." Said Elif with a smile of curiosity.

"You misunderstand, your highness; the second pair of earrings aren't intended for me to wear. They're meant for you to wear them." Said Sarah as she grabbed the pair of golden earrings and handed them to Elif with a smile.

"Those are for me to wear?" Asked Elif in a weird tone, as he felt slightly uncomfortable wearing something that women mainly wore.

I didn't wish to wear something I viewed as feminine, but when I saw Elaine looking at me expectantly while having already put on the silver earrings, I couldn't bring myself to reject the offer. So with a sigh, I grabbed the gold earrings and attached them to my ears.

"So, how do I look?" Asked Elif as he did a pose while two beautiful gold earrings with gems attached to them hung from his ears.

"Beautiful! Elegant! Marvelous." Exclaimed Elaine, Sarah, and Illumia, respectively.

With how charming I am, it wouldn't matter what I wore; I would always look exceptional, though I did feel slightly uncomfortable getting called beautiful, considering I'm a male. Moving on from Elaine's comment, I entered the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

'I guess they aren't that bad looking; the gold earrings complement my silver hair quite nicely. I guess I'll wear them for now.' Thought Elif contently before making his way back to the bedroom.

Standing right outside the bathroom entrance, I injected some Qi into the earrings, and when I did so, the gems glowed before pointing toward Elaine; when I withdrew my Qi, the gems returned to normal and fell back down.

'Honestly, they're not that useful as they only tell the general direction where the other wearer is, but I guess it's not entirely useless.' Pondered Elif as he fiddled around with the earrings for a little bit longer.

"Alright, Elaine, it's time for breakfast. We should get going." Said Elif as he headed towards the exit of the room.

"Ok, coming. Are you joining us for breakfast as well, Sarah?" Asked Elaine as she hopped off the bed and followed after Elif.

"No, your highness, I came early to gift you these earrings as I had something important scheduled for today. I'll make sure to visit again soon, though." Said Sarah solemnly as she left the room alongside Elaine, though headed in a different direction than Elaine and Elif.

"See you later than Sarah and thanks for the wonderful gift!" Exclaimed Elaine happily before turning around and running after Elif, who was far off in the distance.

As Elaine and I were walking down the hallways, I would hear the servants commenting on our new appearance. Of course, everything they said was positive; I mean, with how charming I am and how cute Elaine is, how could they possibly say anything negative? Once we arrived in the dining room, we didn't even get to sit down before mother and father commented on our new appearances.

"What's with the earrings?" Asked Marcus as he looked at Elif weirdly.

"Hmm, why do you say it like that, father? Can I not change my appearance every now and then? As a Prince, I can't be caught wearing the same outfit all the time." Said Elif with fake arrogance as he flipped his hair back to show off his earrings; while Elaine copied his actions.

"Ok. So why are you wearing earrings?" Replied Marcus, completely ignoring Elif and turning to Elaine.

"They're a birthday gift Sarah got me. She said these earrings are capable of always locating each other, no matter where they may be located in the OverRealm! Now, brother won't be able to escape from me!" Said Elaine happily as she jumped up to her seat and began stuffing her face full of food, much to Maria's displeasure.