Chapter 186: Marley Out of Commission!?

"Marley, watch out!" Yelled Idonea as she killed several beasts lunging at her while looking toward the sky, only to see a creature leaping toward Marley from the top of the whirlpool of monsters.

Hearing Idonea's warning, I obliterated any surrounding monsters with a wave of my spear before looking up, spotting a beast lunging right at me with its maw wide open, infusing Qi into my spear and causing the blade's tip to shine. With a thrust from my spear, it caused a long, skinny pillar of Qi to launch from the tip of my blade as it headed toward the falling beast, piercing right through it with relative ease and killing it.

"A Divine." Murmured Sarah as she closely huddled toward Marley.

"Idonea, I think it's about time to leave; we can't allow ourselves to get surrounded by endless monsters with Divine levels of strength. If that happens, we'll quickly tire out." Stated Marley with a frown as she gazed upon the swirling mass of monsters, which were close to blocking out the very heavens.

"I know, I'm ready wherever you are. I've got His Highness's crystal ball on standby, just in case." Replied Idonea as she nodded her head while holding a crystal ball filled with purple Qi, which would occasionally morph into a curved wave.

"I just hope Their Highnesses are close; it's been roughly three days since we started waiting." Muttered Marley with a frown as she embraced Sarah while killing the various beasts that were beginning to slowly creep into their territory.

"On the count of three, we'll head straight for the opening in the sky above; make sure to stay close together; getting separated will put us both in a very disadvantageous situation." Said Idonea as she glanced at Marley while slowly nearing her, only stopping once their backs almost touched.

"1...2...3!" Yelled Idonea; the instant after, both she and Marley powerfully launched toward the sky as they killed any monsters that attempted to intercept them.

With me being in the lead, I used my spear to clear a path of us as we flew up through the whirlpool of monsters, though because of that, the opening up above started closing faster; it wasn't because they figured out our plan or anything, after all, they're mindless creatures without any soul. It was because now that our positions were changing, they kept climbing atop each other as they attempted to get to our height, which caused the opening up above to close faster.

'Idonea, get ready; we're going to have to force our way through the top; we aren't going to make it before it closes.' Said Marley via divine sense as she began infusing Qi into her spear once more, though this time, not only was the spear glowing but so was herself along with Sarah.

'Got it.' Replied Idonea via divine sense as she also started infusing Qi into her sword, causing it to emit a reddish glow.

As the last bits of light from the heavens disappeared, the monsters up above started pouring on top of us, yet I simply swatted most of them away, and those that passed me were killed by Idonea, who was right behind me. The closer we got to the top, the more monsters that fell on us; some of them were even Divines, though since we weren't aiming to kill them, they gave us no problems. Seeing the peak grow closer and closer, just before we collided with the countless monsters blocking our escape path, we finally unleashed the attacks we'd been saving for this moment.

'Spears Ascent.' Said Marley internally with a solemn expression as the Qi that covered her spear, herself, and Sarah glowed brightly before colliding against the mass of monsters, killing all that happened to get in the way of her charge.

'Wave of Devastation.' Thought Idonea as she slashed toward the monsters above her, prompting her glowing sword to launch a large reddish sword wave that obliterated any monster caught in its path.