Chapter 16: Nobles & Great Grandmother

"Nordan, I've heard that your third daughter, Marley Eve, is the first one among the younger generation in the Empire to break through to the Saint Emperor realm; it seems like you have a promising heir to the family." Declared Marcus, sitting on the throne and looking down upon the several nobles who had attended the meeting.

"Thank you for the praise, your Majesty; I also believe Marley will make a wonderful heir and even more amazing matriarch of the Eve family in the future." Stated Nordan, the current patriarch of one of the three Arch-Duke noble families in the Elven Empire.

"Though her attitude could be improved upon." Remarked another Elf standing right next to Nordan.

"What is that supposed to mean, Mavis!?" Asked Nordan in a slightly threatening tone while staring at Mavis.

"Ohh, did I say that out loud? Oops." Replied Mavis, a tall, light-skinned Elven woman with beautiful black hair and the current matriarch of the noble Arch-Duke family, Evergreen.

"We are in the presence of the Empress and Emperor, so can the leaders of the highest noble families stop acting like children and act like they are leaders of a noble family." Stated a tall and bulky dark-skinned Elf, which is rare to see amongst the Elfs, with a few scars across his face.

Clicking my tongue in annoyance, I stop staring at Mavis and heed Draxs advice; who is also the patriarch of one of the Arch-Duke noble families, the Cordan house, known for being a military family.

"My apologies that you had witnessed such child-" Said Nordan, who had stopped talking as everyone present had heard the sound of the entrance doors open, and right after, a lady's voice resounded throughout the Throne room.

"His highness, Crown Prince Elif has arrived!"

"CROWN PRINCE ELIF HAS ARRIVED!" Yelled the men and women in armor kneeling.

Realizing what was transpiring shocked every noble here, including me, as this was the first time we would get to bear witness to the Crown Prince.

'Hmm, but that voice from earlier, could that really be her?' Thought Nordan.

In the distance, we could see the crown prince in all of his glory walking toward us, and the first thing we all noticed was how the star emblem on his head was purple instead of gold, which allowed us to determine something vital about him.

'The Crown Prince is mutated!? Dammit, this just made Marley's chances of defeating Prince Elif even slimmer than before!' Thought Nordan, pissed at the revelation.

When prince Elif arrived near us, I wanted to scan him with my divine sense but doing so was akin to declaring war upon the Royal Family; besides, the Empress and Emperor, who are right here, would easily catch my attempt at using my divine sense. As we watched him walk through us, I saw him look at me with an annoyed expression plastered on his face before ignoring me and continuing on his way to the thrones.

"Ohh, Elif, I see you've advanced to the Foundation Establishment realm." Said Maria with a smile while still retaining the majestic and imposing aura.

"Well, it wasn't hard or anything, but you told me to come here, so what's going on, mother?" Replied Elif, who had gotten teleported on top of Maria's lap.

"Well, nothing much; we're just talking about casual stuff that's happened within the Empire." Answered Maria as she pinched Elifs cheeks.

Watching the interaction between the two slightly surprised us, as Empress Maria was known for being domineering and one who rarely smiled, and this was all just from her younger days when she was still just a princess; now she is even worse. While the interaction continued, I noticed a maid standing to the side just below the thrones, and when I saw her, it allowed me to confirm it indeed was her.