Chapter 181: Problems Arise

"So, Marley, can you tell me again why we are heading south instead of west?" Asked Idonea curiously as she flew beside Marley and Sarah, though with her presence, they were forced to move much slower than their normal speed.

"Hmm, no reason in general; I just figured heading west, where stronger beasts live, would be too dangerous with Sarah accompanying us, so I chose south since the beasts didn't seem to get any stronger over here." Replied Marley calmly as she and Idonea glanced at the exhausted Sarah, who was wearing different clothes as her previous clothes were destroyed during a battle with a beast.

"Haa, sorry; because of me, you two are forced to practically babysit me, depriving both of you of the chance to go and look for precious plants and other scarce resources." Said Sarah apologetically with a sigh while hanging her head as she slowed down.

"No need to be dejected, Sarah; I'd much rather spend time helping you improve than fight some stupid beasts while searching for heavenly plants, and if Idonea has a problem with it, I'll beat her up, okay?" Stated Marley with a smile as she embraced Sarah in a tight hug while protecting her with her Qi as she and Idonea swiftly increased their speed.

"Those are some bold words, Marley; however, I don't mind going at a snail's pace; we do not need to fight against beasts; if we desire a fight, we can always spar against each other, nor do we require precious plants, not when His Highness will occasionally give us cultivation resources." Remarked Idonea as she provocatively eyed Marley before glancing at Sarah, their words slightly uplifting her spirits.

"I appreciate it, Sister and Idonea; however, my fight against that snake from earlier was a rather shameful display. I was nearly beaten several times, not to mention it was two minor realms weaker than me; it truly can't get any more pathetic than that." Said Sarah with a slight smile as she looked at Marley, who was still embracing her, then at Idonea to Marley's right before becoming demoralized.

"It's fine; you're expecting too much; after all, wasn't that snake like the second time you've ever participated in an actual battle? Everyone starts from somewhere; neither Idonea nor I were fighting against people an entire major realm above us when he first engaged in battle; we first took baby steps, just like you're doing right now." Advised Marley with a smile as she attempted to raise her spirits, though whether it worked or not was up for debate.

"Haa, I guess so." Muttered Sarah dismissively with a sigh as she shook her head.

"Anyways, how about we change this conversation to something more interesting? I happened to overhear from His Highness that Prince Birger of the Divine Druid Kingdom is interested in you becoming his future Queen, Sarah." Remarked Idonea in intrigue as she glanced at Sarah, though while her words caused Marley to scowl, Sarah seemed rather indifferent.

"Hmph, why did you have to bring up such a stupid topic, Idonea!? I refuse to allow that tree to steal my precious Sister away from me!" Declared Marley angrily, glaring at Idonea as she embraced Sarah even tighter, nearly injuring her in the process.

"Tch, I wasn't asking you, was I, Marley? I wish to hear Sarah's response; she's the one who'll have the chance to become a Queen of a Divine Kingdom, not you." Stated Idonea with a frown as she ignored Marley and looked at Sarah, who was in the process of being constricted.

"S-Sister, i-it h-hurts!" Said Sarah with difficulty as she aggressively slapped Marley's back, which only felt like light taps from the difference in strength, though it was enough to shift her attention.

"Oops, sorry, hehe." Said Marley as she swiftly eased her hold on Sarah, allowing her spine, which was on the verge of snapping, freedom.

"T-To answer your question, Idonea, while I'm fond of Birger and view him as a good friend, I don't wish to become his Queen; there is nothing wrong with him for me to deny the opportunity; he's nice, sweet, charming, wealthy, powerful, and everything any women could ever want in a man. However, my heart has already been stolen by someone, and after the things I've been through when I was younger, I don't want to ever give up the chance to be with the one I love." Declared Sarah solemnly, though her expression morphed into that of a young woman in love towards the end, causing Marley to give her a knowing smirk.