Chapter 60: Special Guests

Several minutes later, the doors opened again, and exiting from the royal library was Elaine absentmindedly walking forward, not even paying attention to her surroundings.

"I know the manual is interesting, sister, but at least pay attention to where you walk, lest you trip again." Said Elif, waving his hand, catching Elaine with his Qi before she landed face-first on the ground.

"Sorry, brother, but the Cultivation Manual is so interesting, even if I can't fully understand it. Now I'll be able to cultivate like everyone else." Replied Elaine, feeling slightly embarrassed at having tripped before everyone, though the embarrassment she felt was quickly replaced by excitement.

"Well then, dear, come with me; we must prepare some stuff before you can begin cultivating. Marcus, mind tending to the special guests that have arrived while I'm helping Elaine." Said Maria, carrying Elaine in her arms before disappearing along with Elaine.

"What's mother planning to do? Also, when did we have guests arriving?" Asked Elif, turning around and looking at Marcus in slight confusion.

"Maria is going to help Elaine prepare resources that will increase her sensitivity to Qi, and to be fair, I didn't know we had guests until they arrived in Yggdrasil. However, come with me since our guests are special; you should also greet them." Replied Marcus, having teleported Elif and himself back to the castle while Tiana and Tyler had quietly vanished.

'Guests that require father and me to greet them personally? They must indeed be special; however, how come I didn't get any resources that increased my sensitivity to Qi?' Pondered Elif while following behind Marcus as they made their way to a room specially meant to house guests.

After a little bit of walking, we arrived at our destination, to which father swiftly opened the doors and entered inside, with me following right behind. The room was quite large, with beautiful decorations placed everywhere, along with several seats to accommodate a significant number of people. Currently, there were a couple of people occupying said seats.

Sitting closer to me were two people, a beautiful young girl who looked to be the same age as me and an older man, most likely around father's age; however, they both radiated a dignified demeanor. Though they weren't Elves, far from it; in fact, their see-through bodies and large beautiful wings on their back were enough for me to deduce they were Fairies; however, that wasn't surprising as there are a good amount of Fairies residing in Yggdrasil.

Now the two sitting across from the Fairies consisted of a young boy and an older woman, both being similar in age to father and I, and just like the other group, they weren't Elves either. Their constitution resembled an Elf's, but the long green vines for hair atop their head and leaves protruding out of their body informed me they were Druids, which, once again, many druids inhibit Yggdrasil.

"Queen Nerthus, Patriarch Aasveig. It's good to see you both, and you didn't come alone; if you had informed us of your arrival, we could've prepared a banquet of some kind ahead of time. Stated Marcus with a smile, nodding at both adults as he walked past them and sat down, while Elif copied his actions with a curious expression.

"We must apologize for that, Emperor Marcus; we knew today was an important day, so we didn't wish to intrude any more than we already have." Said Patriarch Aasveig nobly as his dignified demeanor vanished and was replaced with a gentle one.

"Patriarch Aasveig is right; we had arrived unannounced simply for that reason, though as today was an important day, we had come bearing gifts. We hope you'll accept them." Said Queen Nerthus calmly as two-spirit rings suddenly appeared on the table before Marcus.

"I appreciate the gesture, but I won't be able to accept them, though I'll gift them to my daughter as a birthday gift if you will." Replied Marcus as he took the two-spirit rings and stored them in his own.