Chapter 124: The Next Day

For the next day and a half, I isolated myself in my residence while attempting to soothe my anger; fortunately, no one visited me during that time, so everything was relatively peaceful. Currently, I was sitting on the porch at the back of my house, calmly drinking some tea while watching Marley and Idonea fight each other in the distance.

"Ho, it seems like they've improved quite a bit since last time; I suppose having a rival is a good motivator to improve yourself constantly." Commented Elif as Marley and Idonea were locked in a heated battle.

"What was the record again? Two-three-two?" Asked Elif as he took a sip of tea.

"Both Marley and Idonea have two wins and tied three times." Replied Illumia, who was standing directly beside Elif.

"Well, with how this battle has been going so far, it looks like Idonea will be taking the lead." Remarked Elif as he watched Idonea aggressively attack Marley, forcing her to go on the defense.

While I was enjoying the show Marley and Idonea were putting on, I sensed two people approaching my island, and since one of them was a Fairy, it slightly dampened my mood. With what I'm currently doing, it may look like I've calmed down, yet, that couldn't be further from the truth; I'm still incredibly enraged, and a few days won't be enough to quell the rage in my heart, though I have managed to lessen it.

"Tch, Illumia, can you go and receive them? I don't feel like moving from this comfortable position." Ordered Elif with a frown as he focused back on the battle.

While Illumia headed toward the middle of the island to receive the two guests, I focused back on the battle that was currently at its peak, with Idonea having a slight edge over Marley. However, even though it was supposed to be a spar, they were fighting with much more intensity than usual, not that I disapproved, just something I noticed.

"Your Highness, Young Mistress Eyvor and Prince Birger have arrived." Announced Illumia as she opened the doors for the two of them before entering after them and returning to her spot.

"Ahh, Birger, it's good to see you; I was wondering where you've been; it seems like you've taken your sweet time to arrive." Said Elif as he glanced at Birger and Eyvor before focusing on the battle at hand.

"Haha, it's good to see you as well, Prince Elif, and I was supposed to arrive the day after you arrived; however, Mother was being quite picky with the gifts, so I was forced to wait an entire day before I could depart." Replied Birger with a pleasant smile, internally thanking Queen Nerthus that he missed the banquet.

"Those two are quite powerful. Do they happen to be your followers?" Asked Birger as he and Eyvor sat down and enjoyed the spectacle Marley and Idonea were putting on.

"Yep, you may have seen Marley before, the one using the spear; I battled against her six years ago during the Noble tournament, though she didn't become my follower until two years later. Idonea is the one using the sword; I also battled against her in the Noble tournament, and after defeating her, I accepted her as my follower." Replied Elif lightly before it went quiet as they watched the battle conclude.

___

___

Deflecting her spear attack to the left, I swiftly backed away outside her attack range while launching a few attacks to slow her down as I prepared to use my strongest attack. Once Marley finished dealing with my attacks, she quickly launched her spear with tremendous force in hopes of not only interrupting the process but also possibly injuring me; however, it was too late as I was already in the midst of attacking her.

'Wave of Devastation!' Thought Idonea as she attacked Marley and the incoming spear with a large reddish wave of Qi that destroyed everything it touched.