Chapter 7: Immortal Spirit Root!?

While I was lost in thought and daydreaming, I felt the soothing feeling flowing through my body slowly disperse, breaking me out of my dream and causing me to open my eyes. With my eyes now open, I noticed my arm stretched out, touching a beautiful tree, and that's when I remembered what I was doing before I got absorbed in the soothing feeling this tree gave me.

Once I felt the last bit of the soothing feeling leave my hand, I let go of the tree and backed away as I wanted to see what color the leaves were to know the rank of my Spirit Root. But when I backed away a couple of meters, I couldn't see any leaves; all I saw was complete and utter blackness surrounding the tree.

'What happened to the leaves?' Thought Elif in slight confusion.

Not knowing what was happening, I turned around and looked over at my family, hoping their reaction could give me some idea of what had happened, but when I looked at them, they seemed shocked as well.

'It seems like they don't know what's going on either; maybe it's because I'm mutated Elf like what grandmother said? She told me that mutated beings are always special in some way.' Thought Elif as he conjured up his own idea.

As I walked toward my family, I was suddenly in my grandmother's arms again. I would usually complain about her doing this to me, but I was currently more concerned about the rank of my Spirit Root right now.

"Ugh, grandmother, do you know what the rank of my Spirit Root is?" Asked Elif in excitement but also a slight annoyance.

"Well, dear, you know how I always said you were special?" Said Tiana in a weird tone of voice.

"Yeah, you said that I'm a mutated Royal Elf, so that means I'll be really special. Does me being a mutated Elf have something to do with why the leaves are invisible?" Answered Elif.

"We are not one-hundred percent sure if that's true, but it is most likely the reason, but you've gotten something wrong; the leaves aren't invisible." Replied Tiana.

"What do you mean they're not invisible? There is only blackness where the leaves used to be." Stated Elif, while looking up at his grandmother in confusion.

"Son, why don't you use your 'Minds Eye' ability that you like call it, and try sensing the tree." Mentioned Marcus, still shocked at the revelation of his son's Spirit Root.

Listening to fathers idea, I closed my eyes and activated my Minds Eye; when I did, a three-D image of my surroundings was immediately transferred to my mind, allowing me to sense everything with extreme detail. Zooming in on the image of the tree, I could sense that leaves were indeed still there, but they were all pure black. Opening my eyes, I was still confused about what this meant when compared to my Spirit Root, so I went ahead and questioned my Spirit Root Rank again.

"Can someone tell how this correlates to my Spirit Root rank!?" Asked Elif with slight irritation in his voice.

"Yes, we'll tell you, so just calm down, Elif." Replied Maria, with slight embarrassment at ignoring her son.

A few minutes later, were sat down on a bench in the same forest as where the Acacia tree is, but this time I was no longer in my grandmother's lap; instead, I was in my mother's lap while my little sister was still in fathers arms and both of my grandparents are sitting across from us drinking tea.

"Now that we're somewhere better to speak, allow us to tell the results of your Spirit Root." Said Tyler.

Hearing grandfather finally about to tell about my Spirit Root, I ignored everything else and focused all of my attention on him, which got a chuckle out of everyone.