Chapter 28: Marley's Arrival!

"I must say I had a good time as well." Replied Kare, looking the same as Sarah.

"So did I." Said Maga lying on the ground with a slight smile.

"Yeah, that was quite fun, especially when Sarah got hit with the coconut." Said Elif with a laugh while also lying on the ground.

"Hmph, It wasn't that funny." Replied Sarah while sticking her tongue out at Elif, though Elif responded by grabbing some of the food on the ground and throwing it at Sarah.

"Haha, next, keep your mouth closed, Sarah." Said Elif, laughing as some of the food he threw at her landed in her mouth, causing her to quickly spit it out in disgust before throwing some at Elif.

As Sarah and I continued playing around, I noticed a staff member come running inside toward the manager while seemingly nervous or scared, but I looked away as whatever was going on wasn't something I was curious about. However, shortly after the staff manager arrived, a young girl busted down the doors and made their way in with a servant and a couple of guards following behind them, I was pretty annoyed at some interrupting my fun, and I was about to order them to leave, but Maga and Kare's reaction stopped me.

"Marley, what are you doing here!?" Questioned Maga as he and Kare quickly stood up from their previous position and stared at Marley.

"Hmph, why should I need to explain myself to you two? But If you wish to know, the whole city has gotten word of the Prince dining at the Elven Cuisine Pagoda, and as such, how could I not go and meet the Prince." Said Marley, with an arrogant expression while speaking before Maga and Kare.

"I've also learned that my little sister, Sarah, was also dining with the Prince. To think such a waste dared to do such a thing, it's laughable." Said Marley as she walked over to Sarah, who had been looking down ever since Marley arrived.

"S-S-Sister, I-I c-can e-explain." Stuttered Sarah while shaking in fear before Marley's presence.

"Don't bother; I don't wish to listen to your pathetic excuse, besides it seems like you've been having fun being covered in food; you no longer resemble a noble instead, you look like a lowly peasant; it angers me that such trash is my little sister. Now, where is the Prince?" Said Marley while looking down at the fearful Sarah with disgusted eyes.

"I'm the Prince, and what do you want?" Asked Elif, in a not-so-pleasant mood after watching how Marley treated her own family.

I was only annoyed when Marley busted right in and interrupted my fun with Sarah, but seeing how she acted and how she treated her own sister, made the happy mood I had utterly vanish, and it caused me to detest her already. While sitting on the ground, I watched as she walked towards me; when she arrived before me, I was already standing, though because of the difference in our age, she was much taller than me.

"Are you not going to bow? You are in the presence of a Royal Elf." Said Elif, though because of his young age and shallow experience in socializing, everyone could hear the slight hostility in his voice.

"Oh, I forgot." Replied Marley before doing a slight bow, though even before the Prince of the Empire, her arrogance didn't seem to diminish much.

"Hurry up, tell me what you came here for, and then leave; your intrusion has ruined my fun." Ordered Elif while crossing his arms.

"I had just come here to greet the Crown Prince; however, seeing as how I've ruined your playtime, I'll leave; let us meet again at a later date Prince." Said Marley mockingly as she turned around and started walking towards the exit.

"Get up, Sarah; we are leaving; I'm sure father would like to know what happened today." Ordered Marley, full of arrogance once again, while not even bothering to look at Maga or Kare as she walked past them back to her entourage.