Chapter 176: Opening of the Treasure Realm

"Ho, that's quite a lot of commoners gathered within the Royal Grounds; anyone interested in partaking in a bet?" Remarked Elif with a grin as he looked out a window, viewing the royal courtyard, which is currently filled with roughly six thousand.

"What type of bet are you suggesting, your Highness?" Asked Sarah curiously as she also glanced out the window, gazing upon the thousands of commoners and nobles.

"Heh, out of the six thousand participants present for the opening of the Treasure realm, how many do you think will survive? I've been inside the Treasure realm before, and it's quite dangerous; I happened to come across a few beasts with strength equal to that of a Divine Emperor." Stated Elif with a smirk while drinking tea as he shifted his focus toward the five people inside the room.

"Sure, Brother." Replied Elaine lightly with a nod as she sat directly beside Elif while occasionally glancing at the four other women, a crazy glint appearing within her eyes.

"Count me in, your Highness; it sounds rather fun." Said Marley with an eager smile while sitting beside Sarah and Idonea.

"I'll join as well, your Highness." Said Idonea with a slight nod.

"If everyone else is going to participate, I'll also join; might as well; I can't be the odd one out." Remarked Sarah with a slight smile while sitting across from Elif.

"Will you not partake in the bet, Illumia and Maxim? Unlike other times, you both don't have that much of an edge over everyone else, so this should make it one of the fairer bets you two could engage in." Asked Elif with a smirk as he eyed Illumia, who was standing behind him, while merely giving an unimpressed glance at Maxim, who was standing behind Elaine.

"Since you asked, your Highness, I might as well; hopefully, I'll win." Replied Maxim with a nod and a light smile, though once again, Elif merely gave him a bland look, causing him to sigh internally, before he shifted his focus back to Illumia.

"You're not wrong, your Highness, so I suppose I will; though it doesn't matter whether I've got experience in the subject or not, I won't be losing to you." Declared Illumia while Elif's facial expression twisted from her bold remark.

"Hehe, considering I'll be winning, and since you seem so confident you'll beat me, Illumia, how about you decide what we'll be betting for? I'd advise against spirit stones, though; otherwise, Elaine and I might as well be betting against just each other." Stated Elif with a smirk as he eyed Illumia while affectionately rubbing Elaine, who had leaned into his embrace.

"Pick something good, Illumia; otherwise, I won't have much desire to win." Said Elaine as she eyed Sarah, Marley, and Idonea with a provocative smirk while enjoying Elif's touch, causing the three to frown with envy.

"Hmm; how about this? I will inform you of the prize only after figuring out the winner." Said Illumia, her words causing everyone to smile slightly.

"Ho, I quite like that idea." Remarked Elif with a thoughtful expression as he glanced at everyone else, only to see them nodding in agreement.

"This'll make it much more interesting!" Said Sarah with an excited smile, while her sister, Marley, was just as enthusiastic.

Sensing something happening down below, I looked out the window, viewing the thousands of people, only to spot Father and several royal guards floating in front of the participants.

"Seems like the opening of the Treasure realm will be commencing soon; we should get going." Stated Elif as he set down his cup and stood up, causing Elaine to pout, but she followed Elif's actions.

Since I didn't feel like going the normal way to get to the royal courtyard, I just approached the window and opened it before flying through, though except for Elaine, who followed behind me, everyone else gave us blank expressions.