Chapter 73: Forced Spirit Realm Experience! / Volume 4 Start!

"Your Highness, Idonea has arrived." Said Illumia as she opened the door to Elif's room and entered with Idonea following right behind her.

"Good; now we can finally go see what Mother and Father want me to do." Muttered Elif with his eyes closed while sitting on his bed as he had just been cultivating before Illumia and Idonea arrived.

Opening my eyes, I'm met with the usual attire of Illumia, while Idonea was wearing special royal guard armor, signifying her status as my follower. Exiting my room, I first visited Elaine since I had a feeling I wouldn't see her for a bit; when I arrived at Elaine's room, I ensured she wasn't cultivating before I entered since I didn't want to interrupt her.

"Elaine, I came to visit and say farewell." Said Elif, walking into the room while Elaine sat on her bed, seemingly having recently finished cultivating.

"Hmm, what do you mean by farewell? Are you going somewhere?" Asked Elaine, startled by such abrupt news.

"I don't know for sure, but I have a strong feeling that I'll be leaving Yggdrasil; I figured I should come and tell you about it beforehand and not just disappear." Said Elif, eyeing Elaine's arms that had mostly healed from yesterday's heavenly tribulation.

"Can I come with you!?" Asked Elaine hopefully, though; this time was different, unlike most times when Elif would agree with her.

"No. First off, you haven't even explored Yggdrasil, so why are you interested in outside of Yggdrasil? More importantly, I'm doing this because Mother and Father told me to." Replied Elf, eliciting disappointment within Elaine, though that didn't last long.

"So all I have to do is, have mother and father agree? If so, let's get going, brother!" Said Elaine in joy as she quickly exited the room with Maxim while leaving a sighing Elif.

Catching up to Elaine, she and I walked side-by-side while Illumia, Maxim, and Idonea followed behind us as we navigated through the hallways, finally arriving at the throne room where Mother and Father were currently at.

"Father, mother, can I-" Said Elaine, presumably going to ask if she could venture with Elif, but she got interrupted.

"No." Said Marcus, ruthlessly crushing Elaine's hope.

"But father, why not?" Asked Elaine, feeling annoyed at Marcus's quick answer.

"Because this is meant specifically for Elif; besides, you're not strong enough for where we plan on sending him." Stated Maria in a no-objection tone, causing Elaine to huff displeasure.

"Mother, father, now that Idonea is here, can you tell me where you're sending me?" Asked Elif curiously, while also incredibly interested since it seemed like a place full of action, and what child doesn't like some action?

"We plan to send you somewhere so you can experience the outside world." Said Marcus, causing Elif's curiosity to be at an all-time high.

"So where and what exactly is it!?" Asked Elif with a smile as he began fanning himself with his quạt tay to cool off his burning curiosity, though the moment he got his answer, his entire persona instantly changed.

"We plan to send you down to a random Spirit Realm so you can get an understanding of how the OverRealm operates without the necessary dangers of the OverRealm, though since a Spirit Realm can only house Half-step Divines and below, Idonea will be required to suppress her cultivation base, lest she wishes to get forcefully dragged into a Heavenly Realm." Said Maria, as she and Marcus internally chuckled at Elif's expression.

With how exciting and mysterious Mother and Father were, I thought I would go to some secret place or possibly a separate dimension. However, not once did the thought ever appear in my mind that I'll be going to a Spirit realm, not a Heavenly realm, but a Spirit realm. I've only lived for eight years, but I can confidently say this will be one of the very few moments where my irritation has peaked.