Chapter 171: Friendly Banter / Start of V6

"Hmm? Four years? Wait, does that mean Patriarch Renata agreed to allow you to use the Flames of Rebirth!?" Questioned Marley in surprise with widened eyes while looking at Elif, having fully healed from the cauldron burning.

"Yes, he did, though Patriarch Renata wasn't the one who gave me permission; it was the Phoenix Clans Ancestors who gave the authorization. However, I will say the conversation took three days, which seems to be unnecessarily long." Replied Elif with a light smile, his words filling both Marley and Idonea with joy, though unlike Idonea, who merely smiled, Marley was much more energetic.

"Haha!! This is wonderful news; now you'll get much stronger!" Yelled Marley in excitement as she jumped up and down in the carriage, though her actions ended up with her accidentally bumping into Illumia, who gave her a blank stare, causing the previous energetic Marley to sit down silently.

"I don't know about much stronger, but I'll definitely get stronger." Said Elif with a slight chuckle as he watched Marley and Illumia's interaction.

"Congratulations, your Highness." Said Idonea with a smile, excited at the prospect of her prince getting stronger.

"Ho, Is that what I think it is? Idonea smiling? Such a sight is a rarity that I had almost forgotten how beautiful you look with a smile, Idonea." Remarked Elif in fake shock with a teasing tone, causing Idonea's smile to immediately disappear, though a light blush adorned her face.

"Hmph, how come you're always complimenting Idonea's beauty, your Highness?" Asked Marley with a pouting face as she folded her arms and eyed Elif, causing him to smirk in response.

"Hmm? I don't know; why do I enjoy eating lightning cherries over other food?" Replied Elif with a sly smirk, which caused Marley to point at Idonea in astonishment and slight disbelief.

"You must be lying, your Highness! I refuse to believe that of all people, Idonea is more beautiful than me! I'd accept it if you said Miss Illumia, but there is no way in hell that Idonea is better looking than me!" Yelled Marley as she pointed at Idonea, whose face twitched in irritation from her words while glancing between her and Elif.

"No one is interested in your appearance, Marley; that includes his Highness. Besides, beauty isn't only physical; it's also about one's soul and personality." Said Idonea lightly, though her words only served to further anger Marley.

"So you're saying that you are more attractive and my personality is worse than yours? Am I hearing things correctly, Idonea? Because from the way I see it, I'm far more attractive than someone whose face and body are laced with scars and, not to mention, your personality, which might as well be as unique as a stone wall." Declared Marley in anger while pointing at the three scars on her face, her words eliciting Idonea's anger as well.

"These scars are my pride as they display the many battles I've survived, and my personality is far from bland; I just don't see any reason to waste my time with someone as irritating and anger-inducing as you. I prefer to save it for someone that really matters, like Miss Mandy, Miss Illumia, or His Highness, not you." Stated Idonea ruthlessly as she eyed Marley, whose face had taken on a hue of red from the anger she felt, and just as she was about to lunge at Idonea, Elif stepped in.

"Watching the two of you bicker like sisters is incredibly entertaining, but I can't have you both fighting in the carriage, at least not while I'm present." Said Elif with a slight smile of amusement as he interrupted the fight that was just about to commence, his words cooling the two women.

"Tch, you're lucky; if it weren't for His Highness, I would've beaten you until you apologized. also, I'd like to point out, your Highness, I don't see her as a sister; she is just a dull woman I'm forced to work with." Replied Marley with a huff as she folded her arms and refused to look at Idonea.