Chapter 50: Elif VS Alf!

Getting hit in the back by Alf's hammer, I got sent flying in the distance as I felt some of my bones crack while my organs slightly trembled; that was all from one attack. Stopping myself in the air, I swiftly parried an incoming attack from Alf before piercing Hokori in her forearm and then retreating afterward, dodging another swing of her hammer.

I believe we've been fighting for almost six minutes, yet to me; it seems like we've reached the most exciting and vital fight of the match since now that we know each other's fighting style well enough, we can launch more deadly attacks at each other without worrying about getting caught off guard.

Evading an attack from Alf that caused the entire area around me to get crushed, I launch several Heavenly scars at her, only for most of them to cause no damage, but that's fine as most of them were meant to distract Alf, while the others targeted the weak points in her defensive technique with great precision, though still, very few of them actually managed to sneak by Alf and land on her body.

Once I stopped attacking, I launched myself toward what I've come to call a 'Walking Mountain', and when I got close to her, I performed my only other offensive technique, Fairy Sword Dance. As my feet and sword became in sync with one another, I coated Hokori with sword intent and began launching an onslaught of sword attacks at Alf, forcing the Walking Mountain to become a Stationary Mountain.

By the time Alf got done blocking my sword, Hokori would already be in the motion of attacking her again; the longer this went on, the faster I attacked, and combined with my sword intent, Alf was beginning to have trouble defending herself. When I reached the maximum speed that I could perform using the Fairy Sword Dance with my current proficiency, I started fully utilizing my technique by manifesting illusory sword slashes and sending them toward Alf.

Right, when I finished slicing Alf's chest, an illusory sword attacked Alf, causing her to try to defend it; however, as it was an illusion, it merely went right through her body without causing any damage, but the action of her focus being shifted to that illusory sword gave me an opening to slice her underarm, also one of her weak point. My attack had drawn blood from her since even though she had her defensive technique activated, throughout the whole fight, I'd been accurately targeting her weak points, waiting for an opportunity just like this.

Alf quickly caught on to the illusory sword, but it didn't matter; even though she knew that one of the attacks was an illusion, she couldn't differentiate them from my actual sword, so she was still forced to defend against every attack, and that allowed me to constantly attack several of her weak points, slowly whittling her down with minor cuts.

Though unfortunately for me, the favorable situation didn't last long as shortly after, Alf used that large-scale offensive technique right in between us, attempting to injure both of us, and as much as I wanted to tank the attack and continue forcing Alf into a corner, I knew doing that would practically make me lose the match, as unlike Alf, I didn't learn a defensive technique. So reluctantly, I stopped attacking and quickly escaped the area using my movement technique, just in time, too, as right when I left, the area in the sky where I was fighting Alf violently shook before calming down.

However, when I looked at the bleeding and injured Alf, I noticed her skin had become even rougher, along with thorns poking out, the same technique she used against her previous opponent. From what I knew about this technique of hers, she can't move much, or her speed is just incredibly slow, but her defensive capabilities are ridiculous, and currently, I won't be able to cause any damage to her.

'What am I supposed to do now? Going any closer would be stupid, and fighting from a distance won't cause her any injuries; this is quite the dilemma.' Thought Elif as he quickly gathered his breath before launching several Heavenly scars at Alf from a distance, only for all his attacks to get destroyed when they collided with Alf's body.