Chapter 14: Elif Captured A Spy!?

While walking down the hallway, I still eyed the servants, though I didn't notice anything unusual. Arriving at the dining room entrance, I went inside and saw no one; frowning, I turned around and headed over to my grandparent's cottage house in the backyard that they like to call the retirement home; when I got near the house, I saw grandmother playing with Elaine while sitting on a bench on the patio.

"I heard from Tyler that you were cultivating, so what are you doing over here, dear?" Asked Tiana, who had just teleported Elif, to sit right next to her while she handed over Elaine to him.

Grabbing Elaine, I hold her tightly and look down at her adorable face, which is super chubby and smile while poking her with my finger, eliciting a smile forming on her face as she tries to grab my finger with her tiny hand.

"Why was no one eating at the dining table?" Asked Elif, who had a massive grin while playing with Elaine.

"Marcus and Maria still have work to do, and you were in the middle of cultivating; we didn't wish to interrupt your cultivation. Also, someone told me you've already managed to sense Qi in the atmosphere." Answered Tiana while enjoying the view of her grandchildren happily playing with one another.

"Yeah, it didn't take that long, but it was extremely boring, it took less than ninety minutes to sense Qi, but it felt like I was sitting there for hours." Replied Elif, who sounded dejected even mentioning it, though he didn't stay dejected for long as just Elaine's presence was enough to cheer him up.

"I can't believe you sometimes, Elif, you're complaining, and yet it still took you under two hours to achieve what usually takes the average person several days of meditation." Said Tiana, exasperated at how spoiled Elifs thinking was.

"But haven't you guys said I'm incredibly talented, so comparing me to an average person has no meaning. Since I'm considered a genius, I need to start thinking like a genius, and a genius always wants to be the best, so how can I settle with under two hours?" Replied Elif, looking at Tiana while gaining a little pride at being considered a genius at cultivation. But will that pride one day turn into arrogance? Who knows?

"Hoho, you've got me there, but not just a genius; everyone should strive to be the very best they can be." Said Tiana while nodding at Elif's words.

"Oh, by the way, where is grandfather?"

"He said he was going to visit one of his friends in the Divine Druid Kingdom, and if you're curious about them, they are considered long-time allies dating all the way back to the Primordial Epoch; of course, more information is stored within the Royal Library." Stated Tiana.

'Hmm, Divine Druid Kingdom, I wonder if the term Divine or Immortal in front of a kingdom is a way to categorize their age, or maybe power, considering the same two terms are used to group spirit roots and Physiques?' Thought Elif, who had managed to come up with an outstanding analysis from the small amount of information he had.

"Anyways, the reason why I stopped cultivating was that I didn't know if I had managed to reach the peak of Qi Gathering, as it stated that once your meridians start feeling uncomfortable, then that means you've reached the peak of Qi Gathering, though since I have no meridians, my body started feeling uncomfortable instead." Said Elif.

"Well, it's good that your first action was to seek one of us for help, as making a mistake in cultivation is the last thing you'd want, but to answer your question, you haven't reached the peak of Qi gathering, you're at the late stage of Qi gathering." Replied Tiana, taking her eyes off Elif.

"Umm, I don't understand." Said Elif, feeling confused as what Tiana said contradicts what is stated in the manual.

"The reason you're currently feeling uncomfortable is that you've absorbed a large quantity of Qi very quickly, and while Qi exists inside the body, it is in very tiny amounts compared to what you currently have. You'll be feeling fine once you wake up tomorrow, as your physique is already suited for cultivation, though without your physique, it could've taken days." Said Tiana, taking Elaine, who had fallen asleep while they were talking, out of Elif's arms.