Chapter 162: Annoying Phoenix

Appearing above the Phoenix, I patiently waited for her to realize I had moved from my spot, which didn't take long as a few moments later, she suddenly looked up and angrily eyed me, much to my annoyance since I just wished to relax a little.

While looking at me, she opened her flaming beak and released a loud screech, much louder than the previous, following suit; her body started growing in size while her flames got brighter and hotter, changing from a dark red to a soft blue. Once she finally stooped screaming, her body was roughly four times her previous size, though, in comparison, her strength had massively increased; her previous cultivation base of a middle Divine had been enhanced to a staggering late Divine King, a full two major realm increase and then some.

'For her to increase her cultivation base so much, she must've used a forbidden technique; she truly wishes to see me dead.' Thought Elif with a frown while looking at the giant flaming blue Phoenix.

Although she was now a late Divine King, the strength at her disposal was comparable to a late Divine Emperor, which, while not enough to defeat me, was no longer an opponent I could easily dismiss.

"Looks like you never had any intention to talk about this; listen, I don't know why you're so determined, but just know, if you continue this, I will kill you; your current strength, while powerful, isn't enough to defeat, so I'd suggest stopping before you pass the point of no return." Advised Elif solemnly with a frown as he summoned Hokori and unsheathed him without any hesitation while eyeing the giant blue Phoenix.

Unfortunately for her, my words held no weight as she screeched in pure anger before charging directly at me. At the same time, her body erupted into even more violent flames, resulting in her nearly looking like a ball of raging blue fire. Seeing her approach me, I hardened my eyes while giving off an air of indifference as I lifted Hokori above my head, prepared to unleash a Heavenly scar.

As she swiftly neared me, she opened her beak while the raging blue flames that covered her body showed signs of converging toward her open mouth, causing her previous large blue build to slowly shrink as she condensed all of her power into one attack.

'Alright, now you're really starting to anger me.' Thought Elif while looking at the now dark red Phoenix near him while she contained a small but powerful ball of blue flames.

Sensing the sheer Qi radiating off that blue ball of flames, I clicked my tongue in slight anger as that attack was comparable to an all-out attack from a peak Divine Emperor, which is capable of actually killing me. If she genuinely intended to launch that at me, which I'm sure she was, a Heavenly scar wouldn't be enough to stop that kind of attack; it's not that it won't be powerful enough, it's just that all the power won't be centered in a small area.

Lowering my sword, I held Hokori right beside my face in a thrusting stance as I covered it with sword Aura, causing an ethereal purple aura to surround Hokori; once that was finished, I began to prepare a Heavenly scar by infusing a substantial amount of Qi into Hokori, yet I intended to use one of its variations I created, Heavenly pierce.

Right when I finished preparing the attack, the Phoenix widened her mouth and, without any hesitation, launched the blue flaming ball, causing it to shoot an immensely powerful beam at rapid speed. Instantly after she attacked, I did as well, powerfully thrusting Hokori forward, causing all the sword aura and Qi to converge at the tip of my sword before it was powerfully shot out, resulting in a Heavenly scar with the shape of a compressed purple beam.

The moment the blue and purple beams collided, a massive rush of wind flew back at incredible speeds as the two beams were locked in a power struggle; neither side was capable of overwhelming the other, though unlike her, I was still in great shape as I hadn't used a forbidden technique. The amount of Qi released from the struggle between the two beams caused the several Phoenixes that had managed to arrive at the scene to get forcefully blown back, only managing to stop themselves once they were a hundred or so meters away.