Chapter 56: Reading the History of the OverRealm

[for those who don't know, (" ") means speaking. (' ') means thinking or conversing via divine sense. (~ ~) means reading.]

The first page was the table of contents, informing me of the page where specific information was stored; a few caught my eye, such as 'The Hierarchy of the OverRealm', 'Currency of the OverRealm', and 'Other Realm or Dimensions'. However, I decided to start with 'History of the OverRealm' on page seventy-eight.

~The OverRealm, is something that has existed since before the Primordial Epoch. Not much is known about how the OverRealm came to be, other than the evidence we have from other Realms being birthed; however, we do know that the OverRealm is the very first Realm ever to exist.~

~Primordial Epoch is the Epoch directly after the creation of the OverRealm. This is the Epoch when life first came to be; whether it was the first blade of grass or the first conscious living being, it all started from this Epoch. Shortly after life was created, the first intelligent creature was born; Dragons. Intelligent sea-life creatures followed closely behind; then various creatures began popping up everywhere, Phoenix, Druids, Golems, Goblins, Humans, Elves, Demons, Angels, Fairies, Dwarves, Giants, and many more creatures of varying proportions. Eventually, each species came together to form villages, these villages then became towns, then cities, and before you even knew it, every species had an entire Empire with many citizens and cities under its command. Then the inevitable happened, species began finding each other, and war happened just as you would expect.

Once the war started, it never stopped; for thousands of years, battles raged between different species, with Empires and kingdoms being destroyed and built every millennium; though, one day, an elderly human male discovered Qi after having meditated in seclusion for years on end; no one knew his name, though he has many different moniker's, however, he is widely known as "The Creator of Cultivation." Alas, with no knowledge about cultivation, he made minimal progress, and shortly later, the elderly man died, and it wouldn't be until a couple of hundred years passed that his diaries about Qi and Cultivation were unearthed, illuminating the world of the trek to Immortality. Knowledge about cultivation quickly spread, and with many people using it, cultivation made massive breakthroughs until an Elf, now known as Progenitor Lordess, got her hands on cultivation. After experiencing many battles and near-death situations over many years, Progenitor Lordess had one final battle against the Dragon king, who was said to wield power that of an average Peak Half-step Saint cultivator, and after a day-long war, she eventually slayed him. Shocking every living being at the death of the very first Dragon, as during that era, Dragons were akin to gods with their incredible might. However, the surprise wasn't over.

A month later, Progenitor Lordess advanced to a Saint and Declared her Empire as 'The Immortal Elven Empire', the creation of the very first Immortal existence. Progenitor Lordess alone caused a spark that quickly progressed the OverRealm into the next Epoch, the Flourishing Epoch, also known as the Warring Epoch.~

Primordial Epoch; Estimated length: [Three point seven Eons](3.7 billion years)

(Note: Eon means one billion years.)

~Flourishing Epoch; The Epoch directly after the Primordial Epoch, in which Cultivation greatly flourished, making incredible progress, along with many Empires and Kingdoms declaring themselves as Immortal Empires, but of course, when they did such a thing, they would immediately be targeted by the masses and quickly exterminated; on the rare chance they survived, they got to keep their title rightfully. However, as time went on, people began finding out that the greater your cultivation base, the slower you cultivated, so the need for special resources appeared, which resulted in a war of a monstrous magnitude. Killing and pillaging for resources became normal. If you hadn't aligned yourself with a faction, you were either killed or captured as a slave; even the most peaceful of species abided by this unspoken rule.