Chapter 85: Anger, Humiliation, and Escape!

While sitting down on my throne, thinking of what to do with Comet, I came up with many different punishments for lying to me, such as; death, torture, crippling his cultivation, sealing himself inside his own mind for eternity, killing everyone he loves or cares for, etc.

Yet, I didn't necessarily like anyone one of those; death seemed to light of a punishment for lying to me, I wasn't a fan of torture, nor did I know how to properly torture someone, though I imagine it isn't too hard to do. If Comet truly has a so-called 'System', then crippling his cultivation won't do anything; it'll merely be a setback, a significant setback, but only a setback. Sealing himself inside his own mind for eternity was quite good, but I don't know how to create formations, let alone formations that don't have a physical form. Killing everyone he loves wasn't my cup of tea; I found no reason to harm them as they weren't the ones who lied to me, nor did I have any negative feelings about them.

'So many options, what to choose? Hmm, let's have Idonea bring Comet here first; hopefully, his presence will help my decision.' Thought Elif while resting his head on his hand that was being propped up by the armrest.

"Idonea, bring Comet here." Ordered Elif, no evident emotion present on his face.

"Yes, your highness." Replied Idonea with a slight bow as she vanished from her spot before appearing in the room shortly later with an irked Comet.

"Ugh, what now? Isn't our deal over? You're not going back on our deal now, are you!?" Asked Comet, sounding greatly annoyed.

"No, I would never do such a thing like that; but of course, that's only if the other side kept their end of the deal as well." Answered Elif in a weird tone as a smile adorned his face.

"Then everything is good. So can I leave?" Said Comet, sounding much calmer than before.

"Nope, I've summoned you here for an important reason. Now that I've calmed down somewhat, I'll give you an opportunity; if you admit your wrongs this instant, I'll consider slightly lowering your punishment. You have five seconds." Said Elif, the smile on his face vanishing and replacing it was an indifferent expression.

Seeing the confusion on his face, knowing he lied to me, only intensified my anger; however, I wasn't one to lash out in anger, so I allowed him to speak.

"What do you mean wrongs? I haven't done anything wrong, and certainly, nothing that requires me to admit my so-called wrongs." Protested Comet righteously, though the words that came out of Elif's mouth completely shocked him and Gel.

"Well, I gave you a chance, so everything past this point is your fault; your system won't be able to help you anymore, Comet, or whatever your name was before you took over that body." Said Elif casually, though he smiled when he saw Comet's reaction.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Retorted Comet after having regained his bearings, though the cat was already out of the bag.

"Ohh, you don't know what a system is? Allow me to explain it to you; a system is a unique and powerful artifact that can fuse with a soul and grant powerful abilities at the price of points gained through killings or completing missions. They can apparently also have an ego, a companion, so to speak, and said ego was probably the person who fabricated such a lie since someone dumb like you could never do such a thing." Explained Elif with a face full of smiles as if he was conversing with a family member.

"Tch, I lied, so what!? What are you going to do about it!? If you know what a system is, then you should know its terrifying power; making an enemy out of me will only result in your death!" Yelled Comet angrily as he pointed at Elif, though the reaction he got was a little weird.