Chapter 58: Cultivation Levels & Time-Skip

Surprisingly this book was relatively small, and it didn't even have a table of contents; flipping to the first page, a smile adorned my face when I read the title at the top.

~Cultivation List.~

~The first step in cultivation comprises what is commonly referred to as the mortal level, which includes; Meridian Opening, Qi Gathering, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, and Half-step Saint. While these levels are looked down upon for being easy and weak, they're considered the most important in a cultivator's journey as they set the foundation for their future accomplishments; however, once you survive the first Heavenly tribulation and become a Saint, that is when you're officially regarded as a true cultivator.~

~The second step in cultivation is called the nourishment level, as, during this portion of cultivation, you're merely absorbing Qi to improve your strength and cultivation base. Saint, Saint Lord, Saint King, Saint Emperor, and Half-step Divine are the five ranks in the nourishment level.~

~By once again surviving the heavenly tribulation after stepping into the Divine Realm, you arrive in the third step, or what is called the insight level, as this is when you must start comprehending the mysteries of cultivation, and the ranks consist of; Divine, Divine Lord, Divine King, Divine Emperor, Half-step Celestial, Celestial, Celestial Lord, Celestial King, Celestial Emperor, and Half-step True God.~

~If you manage to survive the heavenly tribulation yet again and step into the True God Realm, by using all the knowledge you've gained about cultivation, you must apply that to yourself and fully develop your Dao Heart into a seed. True God, True God Lord, True God King, and True God Emperor are the four ranks that make up the fourth step or the seedling Level.~

~The fifth and final step in cultivation is called the embryo phase since you're required to comprehend your Dao Seed and help as it grows into a Dao Realm. The ranks for this phase comprise; the Tribulation Realm, Avatar Ascension, Deity Realm, Immortal Spark, Immortal Nascent Soul, False Immortal, and Half-step Immortal. It is unknown what comes after this as no one has surpassed the Half-step Immortal, though it's believed ascension to a True Immortal is what comes next.~

Setting the book down gently, I lean back into the chair and look up to the ceiling feeling depressed and defeated.

"Illumia, what's your cultivation base, and how long did it take you to achieve it?" Said Elif solemnly.

"I'm currently at the late stage of the True God King Realm, and it's taken me about one-hundred eons to reach this level." Answered Illumia, slightly chuckling at the sight of Elif's face full of despair.

'One-hundred eons, that's a One-hundred billion years; Illumia spent One hundred billion years cultivating, and she's only at the late stage of the True God King realm. Maybe I'm actually not that talented when it comes to cultivation?' Thought Elif, feeling greatly demotivated, having realized he hadn't even taken one step in his cultivation journey yet.

"Cultivation is an incredibly long process, your highness, and even with your exceptional potential, it'll still take some time to reach my level, let alone past that. So you should stop worrying that far into the future and take one step at a time; otherwise, you might get overwhelmed and start doubting yourself." Advised Illumia after seeing Elifs reaction.

"I haven't once doubted myself; I know I'll reach that level and surpass that; just realizing that I still have such a long journey ahead of me is quite shocking, to say the least." Said Elif arrogantly, having regained his composure and fixed his posture.

"Wait, if you're about a One-hundred eons old, and you're mother's follower, then doesn't that mean mother and father are roughly that age as well?" Said Elif as he looked to Illumia for confirmation, though all he got in response was a blank look.