Chapter 193: Half-Step Celestial

Although I told Elaine I had a few ways to possibly beat, or more accurately, stop the monster from entering this realm, the only option I really had was to utilize the royal elven cultivation manual's forbidden technique, which would enhance my cultivation base by sacrificing my remaining life-span, something I currently have in abundance considering I'm only twelve, and I could currently live for nearly an eon.

I'm sure while most would be opposed to such an idea of sacrificing their lifespan, I'm honestly not worried about that at all; even if I were to consume nearly all of my lifespan, I'd be fine since I know within a year I'll advance to a Divine Lord, which would increase my lifespan by several hundreds of millions of years. So I'm not worried about possibly dying from old age, and even if that were the case, we've got an uncountable number of treasures and resources in the royal treasury that can extend my life; what I'm worried about is whether I'll be able to force the monster back.

'The only reason Elaine and I even managed to survive an attack from a Celsital is that the monster was mainly preoccupied with keeping the portal open; if it weren't because of the portal, forcing it to divert most of its power, we'd be dead. Yet even still, we nearly died; the half-step chasm is truly dangerous.' Thought Elif with a frown while flying through the sky as he headed directly toward the monster, which he could see through his divine sense.

None of this would be a problem for concern if Elaine and I had a divine artifact, pill, or talisman; if we had just one of those, this would be dealt with easily. However, while I usually don't carry around such items within the empire, as I see no reason to, I do have a few in my dimension ring, well, at least I should've; last time I checked my dimension ring, which was just a few days before I entered this realm, I had a few celestial talismans and artifacts.

"Yet, for some reason, I can't seem to find them! I know for an absolute fact I had them, so why are they missing?" Muttered Elif with slight anger as he scanned the contents of his dimension ring again, finding hardly anything that would help his situation.

As much as it angered me, there was no point in dwelling on it anymore; Illumia has always said to stay calm in stressful situations. Besides, it was not like I had any time to think, as I'd just arrived near the portal only to see the monstrous purple arms slowly pry open the portal, allowing me to view more of its body, though I mainly focused on its ugly, three-horned head as it looked at me with its savage expression.

'I know Nether monsters come in all shapes and sizes, but this one looks oddly familiar to a Demon; whatever, I can think about that later. Right now, I need to stop its advances.' Thought Elif as he squinted his eyes and looked at the monster, which was already half visible.

I knew the monster in front of me had some form of intelligence; after all, even though when it first attacked, its target was Elaine, not me, it was going after the weaker of its two possible targets, signifying it had some level of intelligence, I just hoped it wasn't capable of complex thoughts. If its intelligence were on the level of even just a child, it would make this fight exponentially more difficult, and my already slim chances of succeeding would plummet.

Thankfully, though, it was too preoccupied with prying open the portal, which seemed to be using a substantial amount of strength, causing my presence to go unseen for now; while I'm not the type to sneak attack someone, this battle wasn't really fair, was it?

Reaching my hand forward, I summoned Hokori, who had escaped my grasp while I protected Elaine from the deadly attack. I was only forced to wait for a few seconds before I sensed an object heading right for me from the west; looking at it in the distance, I spotted a purple hilt with a black tassel and an incredibly polished blade capable of reflecting the light speedily flying through the air.