Chapter 117: And The Winner Is ______!?

"Don't look at me; just because I came up with the idea for the competition doesn't mean I have to do everything. I'll prepare the stones while you guys decide on the prize." Declared Elif as he hovered all twenty-five stones with his Qi and headed toward the Manager, leaving the four women to decide the award or punishment.

While they were discussing the award for the winner, punishment for the loser, or possibly even both, I arrived next to the Manager, who was currently standing next to a massive hammer and a large podium.

"You could just set them down here, Prince Elif; allow me to do all the menial work." Said the manager, to which Elif nodded and gently set the large stones on the ground.

"Seeing that giant hammer and large podium, I'm assuming that's how the breaking of the stones is usually done?" Asked Elif casually as he waited for the four women to finish their conversation, though knowing Illumia, and Idonea, it was more likely that only two people were talking.

"Yes, Prince Elif; This is the easiest and most exciting way to open the stones; you don't have to worry about any damage they may receive during the process; as you may know, spirit stones are incredibly durable. Of course, we have many other methods of breaking open the stone if so prefer, Prince Elif." Stated the manager respectfully as he began preparing the stage by placing one of Elif's stones onto the podium.

"It's fine, as long as it gets the job done." Replied Elif, and with that, the two became silent as they waited for the four women to arrive, which surprisingly took longer than thought.

"Finally, what type of award or punishment were you four discussing that required you to argue for ten minutes?" Questioned Elif in slight annoyance while fanning himself as he eyed the four approaching women, though he was mainly speaking to Marley and Eyvor.

"My apologies, your Highness; Ms. Eyvor and I had a little disagreement about whether to have the winner get a prize or the losers get some type of punishment before eventually deciding on both." Answered Marley apologetically while feeling slightly embarrassed.

"I could tell; I could hear the two of you from all the way over here; anyways, what did you guys decide on?" Said Elif with a shake of his head before focusing on Eyvor.

"We've decided that the winner will get to pick one of the four losers and that the person who was picked must truthfully answer the winner's questions; of course, the winner can decide whether they must share it between all of us or just between the two of them. That is if you're okay with that, Prince Elif?" Replied Eyvor while curious about Elif's reaction.

"Ho, I quite like that. Hehe, you better hope I don't win then, Illumia." Said Elif with a mischievous chuckle as he eyed Illumia.

"I'm not worried about you winning, your Highness." Replied Illumia blandly, as usual.

"We'll see then; alright, manager, start smashing!" Ordered Elif with an excited smile, though Illumia's words caused him to be doubtful about his chances of winning.

With my words signaling the start of the competition, the manager tightly gripped the massive hammer with both his hands and brought it above his head before violently slamming it down on the podium, causing the stone to turn into sand while the force of the impact shook the entire floor. Though when he lifted the hammer, I had a frown on my face, as there wasn't a single spirit stone; however, I wasn't too bothered by it; it was all luck; besides, I still had another four stones.

With four more stones left, I was hoping to get at least one spirit stone from them; however, it seemed like heaven was playing a prank on me as every time the manager lifted the hammer after slamming it on the podium, there was nothing but sand.