Chapter 40: Punishment & Day Two

"That was quite bold of you, your highness." Said Illumia while walking beside Elif.

"Well, maybe that fool shouldn't be such a liar, or at least he should lie better next time; also, weren't you quite bold, Illumia? When you threatened him, he looked quite scared, if I do say so, haha." Mentioned Elif with a chuckle when he looked at Illumia.

"If he had shown the proper respect when conversing with a member of the Royal family, then I wouldn't have needed to threaten him." Answered Illumia, whose tone returned to its usual blandness as they neared the Royal Carriage.

With a chuckle, we arrived at my carriage; however, I noticed that Mandy and her guards huddled together, excitingly talking about the tournaments that had happened today.

"My goodness, did you guys see that? Those children are so powerful; it's crazy! Back in my youth, I could barely compare to the weaker ones, and they were also quickly eliminated."

"Hehe, you're not alone; I wasn't even a Saint realm cultivator until I was fourteen, trash compared to those children."

"It seems like I was better than both of you guys; I would've survived much longer."

"But you still would've gotten eliminated in the end, so why does it matter?"

"Alright, guys, stop arguing; now that the tournament is officially over for today, Prince Elif should be returning any second, so quickly put the crystal ball away and get back into position." Ordered Mandy as she removed herself from the huddled group, though when she did, she saw Elif standing in the distance, looking at them with an amused smile.

"Well, it seems like some of you enjoyed the tournament." Said Elif, causing the rest of the guards to quickly stand up in shock before kneeling nervously on the ground.

"P-Prince E-ELif, I-I can e-explain-" Stuttered Mandy nervously, as she didn't dare to look up at Elif's face.

"Ahh, there's no need to explain; it wasn't quite hard to figure out that you guys were watching the tournament through a crystal ball instead of guarding my carriage." Said Elif as he stopped just before the kneeling Mandy; however, when she heard Elif speak, she started sweating and feeling apprehensive.

"P-Prince E-Elif P-Please, just p-punish me; as the C-Captain, it is my fault that we failed at our job." Said Mandy, as she stuttered fearfully, though what she expected next wasn't within her expectation.

"Hmm, when did I ever mention punishment?" Asked Elif, confused, since he never once mentioned anything related to punishment.

"B-But we left out guarding posts to watch a tournament; doesn't that warrant some form of punishment?" Asked Mandy carefully as she finally gained enough courage to look up at Elif, who was standing before her.

"First off, you guys didn't really leave your guarding posts, you were literally less than a meter away from the carriage, and secondly, you guards are merely for decoration; as long as I'm within the Empire, do you think any fool would be brave enough to do anything bad to a member of the Elven Royal family?" Stated Elif as he walked past all of the kneeling guards and headed into the carriage after Illumia opened the door for him.

"Anyways, let's go back to the palace." Said Elif as his voice echoed out from the carriage.

As I was sitting in the carriage, I saw how Mandy quickly stood up and started berating her subordinates, I could even hear her yelling a little bit, and it was pretty funny to watch.

"Didn't I warn you not to bring the crystal ball!?" Yelled Mandy as she grabbed one of her subordinates by their armor's collar and began shaking him; however, from everyone else's point of view, it looked pretty comical to see a short woman having to fully extend her arms to grab him because of the size difference, though the only one who dared to laugh was Elif.