Chapter 32: Maria's Wrath/ Volume 1 End!

"I hope Elif's heavenly tribulation isn't too powerful; I don't want him to get hurt." Said Maria holding Elaine as she watched Elif begin the process of breaking through to the Saint realm.

"So do I, dear, but you know how dangerous a heavenly tribulation can be, especially the last three attacks; those are the truly dangerous ones, however, we've all warned him and given him advice regarding the heavenly tribulation, so all we can do is to support him from the sidelines." Replied Marcus with his arms crossed while entirely focusing on Elif, who was on the giant altar.

"You worry too much; if things get too difficult, he can always activate the protection formations that are engraved on the Tribulation Altar." Mentioned Tiana, standing directly in the middle with Maria and Marcus on her left and Tyler and Illumia on her right.

What mother said was correct, but how can I not worry for my little Elif when he's about to experience his very first heavenly tribulation? Anyways, we stopped talking and went silent as we all watched how Elif easily broke through to the Saint realm. The moment Elif advanced to the Saint realm, he started wildly absorbing Qi into his body, and while the amount of Qi was incredibly minuscule to us, it was still a stunning sight to see a newly advanced Saint realm cultivator absorb that much Qi.

"Throughout my life, I've seen some talented cultivators with an unnaturally large Qi reserve, but they couldn't even compare to Elif's. I'd say Elif's Qi reserves are equal to that of an average Early Saint Lord realm cultivator!" Stated Tyler with a smile on his face.

Soon after Elif finished absorbing Qi, it began to darken as the skies above were quickly getting covered in dark clouds with rumbling and arcs of lighting appearing every now and then.

"It's about to begin." Muttered Marcus.

Elif eventually opened his eyes and got up from his meditating position, and the first thing he did was look up at the sky that was now completely covered in dark clouds with a diameter of over one hundred kilometers. Even from here, we could all sense the nervousness and excitement from Elif, though Elif's never been one to hide his emotions.

While waiting, the first phase of the heavenly tribulation began; seeing the first lightning bolt charge at Elif, we all watched how he attacked with a Royal Elf's Palm, and when the two attacks came in contact with each other, they both exploded.

We were all excited and happy at how Elif effortlessly destroyed the attack, but we were also nervous as well since the lightning bolt that aimed to strike down at Elif contained the power of an Early Saint Lord, an entire realm above Elif. Yet it was only heaven's arrival; heaven's descent will be far more violent and dangerous.

Time continued to pass by with the lighting attacks increasing in frequency, but even so, Elif managed to quickly destroy all the ones that would hit him and ignored all the others. However, eventually, the last attack was sent out, and there was peace for a little bit, but everyone here, excluding Elaine in my arms, knew that this was just a prelude to the second phase, heaven's descent.

Up in the sky, we saw the first tribulation lighting form in the dark clouds before launching itself at Elif, but it couldn't even make it halfway before Elif destroyed it with a Royal Elf's Palm.

'It was merely the first one, yet it already carried the power of a Late Saint Lord; this will be much more dangerous than we anticipated.' Thought Maria as she watched how Elif destroyed the second lighting attack with ease.

The third lightning attack posed a little more of a problem for Elif, but it still didn't manage to last long before it got destroyed; however, the dark clouds up above didn't give up and were already preparing for the fourth lightning tribulation.