783

Chapter 283

Lainey Marlowe went from full of anticipation to lack of interest at the end, with a look of disappointment on her face.

Vivienne Quinn and Mrs. Quinn looked at each other. If Bob Mendoza didn’t come today, Lainey Marlowe might feel very

sad.

Vivienne Quinn said to Lainey Marlowe,”Should I call Bob Mendoza and ask? Maybe he is on a temporary mission. You also know the nature of his job. If there is something to do, there will be something to do.”

Lainey Marlowe said angrily, “Whether he likes to come or not, Evangeline, I’ll take you to fly a kite.”

Vivienne Quinn gestured to Evangeline to coax Lainey Marlowe more.

Irma and Murphy were already asleep in the pram, and Vivienne Quinn asked Mrs. Quinn to watch, and called Bob Mendoza herself, so they couldn’t let the two of them delay each other because of their hypocrisy.

When people have a mouth, they just want to talk, and don’t waste time in vain if you don’t explain or understand the truth. because of hypocrisy.

Vivienne Quinn called Bob Mendoza twice, but no one.

answered the first time, and it took a long time to get through the second time.

On the phone, Bob Mendoza was a little out of breath,” Vivienne Quinn, what’s the matter?”

Vivienne Quinn asked,”Where are you? Did you make an appointment with Lainey to see the peach blossoms today?

We have been at Peach Blossom Mountain for several hours, why haven’t you arrived yet?”

At this time, Bob Mendoza was still at Elvis Reynolds’ house, and he just climbed the stairs from the first floor.

Bob Mendoza apologized,” Vivienne Quinn, I can’t come here, please explain to Lainey, and I will find her to apologize later.”

“What’s the matter?” Vivienne Quinn thought that since Bob Mendoza had an appointment with Lainey Marlowe, he should have made arrangements, and even if something happened, he should be able to shirk it.

Bob Mendoza hesitated. “Poppy’s gone.”

Vivienne Quinn figured out that Bob Mendoza was stuck with Elvis Reynolds.

Vivienne Quinn said,” Bob Mendoza, women don’t like to talk about emotional matters. If you really like Lainey, you should get rid of Elvis Reynolds as soon as possible. If you can’t do it, I hope you don’t.” Come to harass Lainey, your indecision will only cause pain to all three.”

Bob Mendoza is slo ppy and not decisive enough in dealing with feelings.

“I understand, Vivienne Quinn, please comfort Lainey first, and I’ll contact her later.” Bob Mendoza was in a hurry, because Poppy ‘s disappearance was a bit difficult.

Poppy is the daughter of an old friend, Bob Mendoza can’t ignore it, and he can’t ignore him as a policeman.

Poppy disappeared when he was going to school in the

morning. Elvis Reynolds only sent him across the road from the school because of something, so that Poppy could enter the school by himself.

Elvis Reynolds rushed to work in a hurry, and at about ten o’clock, the teacher called. Poppy hadn’t been to school, and Elvis Reynolds didn’t know what happened.

Elvis Reynolds is very scared. She has been harassed by debt collectors recently, and she has unplugged the phone line at home, fearing that Hugo Walker and Vivian Walker will find out about it.

And just yesterday afternoon, someone wrote two words in red paint on the door of her house, pay back the money.

Elvis Reynolds was terrified and scraped the wall off before Hugo Walker and Vivian Walker could see it.

Now that her daughter is missing, Elvis Reynolds is very scared. She is worried that the collectors will harm her daughter, but she dare not tell the truth to Bob Mendoza.

Bob Mendoza looked at the time. Poppy had been missing for ten hours. He had checked all the places to look for and the surveillance cameras that needed to be checked, but he didn’t

see Poppy.

Unless, Poppy didn’t go to school in the first place.

Elvis Reynolds worried,” Bob Mendoza, something will happen to Poppy, right? It’s going to be dark soon. What should I do? Poppy is the only child of the Walker family. If something happens to her, how can Poppy’s grandparents bear it?”

“Don’t worry, just wait.” Bob Mendoza said,”Other colleagues

are also looking for, does Poppy have any good classmates, or does she have any abnormalities in recent days.”

“My classmate has a few good friends. They are all in the community. There is nothing unusual. Poppy is very obedient.” As soon as Elvis Reynolds finished speaking, Hugo Walker came out of the room and said, “Recently, I was at the door of my house. I saw a man sneaking around a few times, I think it was the traffickers who came to step on the spot and took Poppy away. Bob, you must get Poppy back, this is the only child in our Walker family”

“Uncle, don’t worry, I will try my best to get Poppy back.” Bob Mendoza asked, “Do you remember what that man looked like? I’ll ask a colleague to simulate a portrait to check.”

Hugo Walker recalled the man’s appearance, saying,”About 1.75 meters, with a long face, neither fat nor thin, a bit dark, with a mole at the corner of his mouth. Just yesterday afternoon, the wall in front of the house was scraped off. I think it’s just a mark…”

As Hugo Walker described, Elvis Reynolds felt more and more guilty.

The most recent debt collector was the one Hugo Walker

described.

Bob Mendoza said, “I’m going to check the door.”