Jin

The sun shining through the little blinds caused you to wake up. You stretched your arms over your head and smiled as soon as you saw your husband sleeping peacefully beside you. He had gotten home late but he never fails to spend time with you.

"Wake uuuuuup! It's Halloween!!", your six year old son ran into your room and jumped onto the bed.

"Careful Minsu, you'll hurt your baby sister", Jin said as he covers your seven month stomach.

"Why are you in your underwear? Didn't I put your pjs on you last night?", you asked him.

"It got hot. Can I put on my costume to school? Everyone is gonna have their costume on", Minsu asked.

Jin laid back down and covered his face with the pillow. Minsu kept jumping up and down, causing Jin to hug him and placed him down on the bed.

"Mom..dad is squishing me.. he's too fat", Minsu said, struggling to push his dad away.

"Jin, go get him ready for school", you laughed.

Jin carried over his shoulder and headed towards his room. You walked into your bathroom and washed yourself up to take your son to school. While brushing your teeth, Minsu walked in wearing his ninja turtle costume.

"I'm ready!", he yelled excitedly.

"No you're not. Your costume is on backwards", you laughed.

"I put it on myself", he said.

"And it's a good attempt. Let me help you", you helped him put the costume on the right way.

As you head towards the kitchen to make breakfast, Jin was putting on his coat.

"You're going good to work?", you asked.

"Yeah. They left a message last night", he said.

"Are you gonna be back to take me trick or treating? You promised", Minsu said.

"I'll try to make it, okay?", Jin kneeled down in front of him and kissed his forehead.

He kissed you and then your stomach before heading out the door. Minsu look a bit upset so to cheer him up you put two licorice and potato chips in his little lunch box.

"Come on, go get your backpack", you said.

~~~

You were holding Minsu's hand as you walked him to school. He was singing to himself but you can still notice how upset he is.

"Okay Minsu, I'll pick you up soon. When we get home, we'll eat and wait for dad to get home so he can take you trick or treating, Alright?", you said.

He nodded and hugged you before going inside.

~~~

After picking up your son from school, he ate the food that you made for him and started playing by himself. Since his costume was a ninja turtle, he pretended he was in the show.

"When is dad coming so I can tell him I got second place for my costume?",Minsu whined.

"He's working. He'll be home soon. Just hang tight", you said.

He continued playing. You had trouble breathing so you sat down as you watched your son play. You kept rubbing your stomach, feeling more relaxed. You felt so relaxed that you ended up falling asleep.

~~~

"Mom...mom...mom...momomonomom..", your son kept poking you on your cheek so you could wake up.

When you checked the time, it was almost 8pm.

"Dad isn't here yet", Minsu said.

You called Jin but ended up going to voicemail.

"Come on, I'll take you trick or treating", you said, standing up.

"Noooo, dad said he was gonna take me. He promised", Minsu whined.

He ran over to his room and closed the door. You sighed, feeling too tired to get up but as you did, your back started to hurt. The pain was unbearable.

"Minsu! Come on, we have to go next door", you said, holding your back.

~~~

The neighbor helped take you to the hospital while her sister took care of Minsu. You called Jin two more times but instead of hanging up, you left a message.

~~~

The doctor cleared you. Everything was okay with you and your baby. After a few minutes of being alone in the hospital room, Jin came running in.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry I didn't answer. Are you okay? How's the baby??", Jin asked frantically.

"Calm down. She's fine. I was just having some backache. The doctor said it's normal", you said.

He sighed in relief and kissed you. He sat down on the chair and placed my hand into his.

"Minsu's probably upset. Did he seem upset?", Jin asked.

"He really wanted to go trick or treating with you. I offered to take him but he really wanted you", you said.

"Guess I have a lot of apologizing to do", he said.

~~~

When you arrived home, Minsu instantly ran towards you and hugged you with tears in his eyes.

"Mommy are you okay? Is my baby sister okay?", he said, looking over your bump.

"Yes, we're okay", you smiled at him.

"Minsu, do you still want to go trick or treating?", Jin asked.

"Not anymore. I wanna stay with mom", Minsu said, pulling you into the house.

The next hour Minsu would sometimes check on you by looking over the corner of his room. When he noticed you were okay, he went back to what he was doing. He would do that every ten minutes or so.

Jin wanted to cheer him up and get his mind off of what happened so he offered to play ninja turtles with him and of course Minsu agreed.

When it was time for bed, Minsu wanted to sleep with his parents so he laid down on the queen size bed. As you and Jin laid down next to him, he wrapped his arm around your stomach and snuggled into it, falling asleep a minute later.

"I'm gonna have to make it up to him tomorrow. I'll ask him to an amusement park for kids. He always wanted to go there. Will you be okay walking around with us?", Jin asked.

"No you two should go. I'll go over to my sister's house. I haven't seen her in three weeks", you said.

"Okay. I love you", he smiled.

"I love you too."
_______________________________

That awkward moment when you bump into your ex and their new partner🙃