Suga

You were impatiently sitting on the chair as you watched Yoongi on the hospital bed. It took a few hours for the doctors to stop the bleeding so he could be stable. You kept cursing at yourself for being so stupid.

You had your eyes closed as your head was tilted forward, facing the ground. Your thumbs kept fiddling around. Even though they said he was gonna be okay, you didn't like seeing him in this state.

'Why did you have to stand in the way?' you thought.

While you were stuck in your own thoughts, you didn't notice the boy in front of you waking up. When you saw his hand move, you quickly leaned forward.

"Yoongi?Yoongi..", you said.

Once he saw you, he smiled. Your tears spilled all over the blanket. His hand went up to your face and wiped away the tears.

"You shouldn't be crying", he said.

"You blocked the way. I was supposed to be the one to take the hit. Why did you get in the way?", you asked, sniffling.

"You already know why", he said.

You remembered what he told you and turned away. Your ears were turning red and your heart was pounding fast.

"Anyways, you shouldn't worry now. Although I did lose a lot of blood, the bullet didn't do any damages. I'm gonna be okay...are you okay?", he asked softly.

"How can I be okay if you got shot because of me?", you said in a whisper.

"I'd rather have something happen to me than you. I'm glad you're not hurt", he said.

You kept your gaze looking somewhere other than his eyes. You were embarrassed and felt guilty.

His hand went down to yours and intertwined them together.

'How can he still be smiling?' you thought.

"Have you eaten dinner?", he asked.

You shook your head. He sighed and lightly patted my hands.

"Go get something to eat", he said.

"No. I'm staying here", you protested.

"(Y/n), you need to eat. I'm not going anywhere. It's not like I can anyways. Go eat or I'm not talking to you", he said.

"But-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Go", he said.

Your mouth turned into a straight line as his expression scared you. You walked out of the room and towards the cafeteria. You were quietly sitting down on one of the chairs while you were spinning your spoon in the yogurt. You didn't feel like eating.

~~~

Over a week has passed, Yoongi has been discharged from the hospital. You promised yourself that you would take care of him until he felt better.

His arm was around you as you helped him into his house. You carefully placed him onto the couch, making sure he felt comfortable.

"The doctor said by the time we got home, I'm supposed to put this ointment on you so it won't get infected", you said.

He turned around and took off his shirt with ease. Your eyes widened as they traced along the features on his back.

"You....didn't have to take your shirt off. I could've just lifted it up a bit", you said.

"I feel more comfortable this way", he said.

You shook your head and squeezed the ointment on your fingers, carefully rubbing it over the wound. When you were done, you placed a bandage on it. You were about to walk away towards the bathroom but he grabbed your wrist, turning you around. His eyes met yours, leaving you speechless.

"Why can't you just admit that you love me as well?", he asked.

"Yoongi-"

"It's easy for me to love you. But why are you pushing away?", he asked.

You looked down at his shoes, not knowing what to say.

"Tell me", he said.

"...I can't...I can't let myself...it's the reason why you ended up hurt instead of me", you mumbled.

"He's in jail. None of this is your fault. I went after you. I am the one who decided to get in front of you. I will do anything to protect you. That's how much I love you. I love you so much that it hurts when you're not with me....please love me back", he whispered.

"...I can't control what I feel...I wish I could...but I do love you. That's why I can't be with you", you mumbled.

He pulled you again, making you sit on his lap. He didn't mind the pain that came from his back.

"I'm not letting you go. If I do, you'll fall in love with someone else. Stay with me", he said.

You looked away from him and tightened your eyes shut.

"If you leave...I'll be hurt. I will keep hurting", he said.

"...I can't breathe. Why do you make me like this?", you whined as you held onto your chest.

"It's because you love me", he lightly chuckled with a smile on his face.

"You should rest", you said as you got off his lap.

You went over to his room and grabbed a blanket. You helped him lie down and placed the blanket over him.

"I should get going", you said.

He grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you once again. You landed right next to him. He wrapped his arm around you and sighed.

"Stay with me", he said.

"Fine. But get some sleep", you said.

He smiled as he closed his eyes. You were getting comfortable until he called your name.

"(Y/n)...I love you", he whispered.

You kept quiet for a few seconds until you responded.

"..I love you too", you said.

His smile grew bigger and nuzzled his face against your neck. You weren't exactly planning on staying but he looked so comfortable that you didn't wanna move. So you stayed.
_______________________________

I'm watching too many romantic k-dramas. Maybe that's why I feel lonely😅