Jimin (Pt. 1)

Mirae has been a maid of one of the highest and richest families in the country. She has been working for them for over five years. She has never had a problem, not even a slip. Whatever they ordered her to do, she would do it without complaining. They saved her from living a poor life in the streets. But to repay them, she had to work for food and shelter.

"Miss Mirae, please tell my son breakfast is ready", Mr. Park said, reading the newspaper as he chewed on his food.

"Yes sir", she said.

She walked along the hallways, fixing her maid outfit as she passed each door. When she arrived in front of the right room, she knocked before getting permission to enter the room.

"Sir, your breakfast is ready", she announced, Boeing your head.

"Mirae, how many times have I told you not to call me sir. I've known you for how long now? Call me Jimin", he chuckled as he fixed his bed.

She always admired her boss' son. Though she knew her limits. A relationship between the rich and the help is forbidden. If one chooses to disobey that rule, they will be put into holding.

"I cannot sir. I must follow your father's rules. And I was informed to let you know that your breakfast will get cold", she smiled.

"Alright. I just need to change", he said.

"Am I dismissed?", she asked.

"Mirae, stop being so formal. We're friends..right?", he asked, laughing.

She smiled and lightly bowed her head before closing his door. She went back into the kitchen to continue with her chores.

She never complained one bit about the chores they leave her to do. She's grateful they took her into their home when she was struggling instead of throwing her like trash.

As she dried the dishes, she heard footsteps getting closer.

"Hey, let me help", Jimin said as he grabbed the plate out of her hand.

"Thats not necessary. I must do this", she said, trying to get the plate out of his hands.

"You work so hard. You must get tired. Let me do this for you", he said as he moved away.

"If your father sees you doing the dishes, he'll think wrong of me. Please let me finish", she begged.

"Fine. But you have to let me buy you something to eat", he said, handing her back the plate.

"I cannot let you do that. You must not waste your money on me. Aren't you getting ready to study abroad? You must save your money for that opportunity", she said, drying the last plate.

"I can spend a few dollars to buy you a meal. Come on. You're always stuck in this house. You do so much for us. Let me do this for you", he said softly.

"Sir-"

He interrupted her by wiping bubbles on her nose. He smiled cheekily as her cheeks turned red.

"Son."

Both Jimin and Mirae turned towards the kitchen table to see his father standing up. Mirae quickly wiped away the bubbles and apologized to Mr. Park.

"I must speak to you...alone", Mr. Park said to Jimin.

He glanced over at Mirae, signaling her to leave them alone to talk. She excused herself and headed towards the front yard to water the plants.

"You do realize that she is a maid, right? And you are the son of the richest CEOs. Whatever you're planning to woo her, I advise you not to do that", Mr. Park said in his deep voice.