Taehyung (Pt. 2)

You were folding the baby clothes into the drawer when your baby girl began to cry. She was in her crib, crying because she had just woken up from her nap.

"I'm coming", you said as you stood up.

When you carried her, she stopped crying. You didn't know much about being a mom since you've only had a few weeks of experience. You were glad your sister was there to help.

"Hey, Taehyung called again", your sister said as she walked into the nursery with the phone in her hand.

"Tell him I'm not here", you said.

"I mean..I would but he's in the living room", she said.

"What?", you said, eyes widening.

You breathed out and handed the baby to her. You slowly walked towards the living room where Taehyung was sitting. As soon as he saw you, he stood up.

"What are you doing here?", you asked.

"What am I doing here? You're really asking me that?? You left without talking to me and even avoided seeing me these past couple of months", he said.

"It's not like you're my boyfriend. I had to take care of me and my baby. I can't just fool around", you said.

"What are you talking about?", he asked.

"...never mind", you mumbled.

"Look..I just want you to be happy. I was really worried about you. Why did you leave without saying anything?", he asked.

"Why do you think? My ex boyfriend hasn't been taking care of me before and while I was pregnant and you have. How do you think that makes me feel? I can't pretend like I have a chance at a happy family. I can't feel what I feel for you. It's not fair to me and to you. I just can't", you breathed out.

"What do you feel about me?", he asked, getting closer.

"It doesn't matter. Nothing can happen", you said, crossing your arms over your shoulders.

"What if I want something to happen?", he whispered.

You looked up at him and noticed his eyes were sinking into yours. His hand slowly brushed against yours. You wanted to hold his hand but you couldn't let it happen so you pushed away.

"I'm not letting you do this. You can't take responsibility for something that was meant for someone else. You have your career ahead of you. You don't need me. I don't wanna be the reason why your career comes crashing down", you said.

"I make my own decisions. If I want to be with you, then I'm gonna be with you. If I want to help you take care of that baby, then I'll do it. I'm not tossing you to the side just like that jerk did. And I'm not saying any of this because I feel bad for you. Do you really think I'd be here now if I didn't care?", he asked.

You stayed quiet as you can see veins popping out near his forehead. You had to look away since you can feel the tears threatening to come out.

"Please let me be there for you. I promise I won't let you down. I promise I will love you and her. Let me do this", he said.

"..I don't know..I just feel like somethings gonna go wrong or I'll mess it up and you won't want anything to do with me. I don't wanna lose you", you said.

"You won't lose me. And we'll make it work. Just give me that chance to prove it to you", he said.

You sighed and had to think about it. Before you can give him an answer, your sister came out with your baby. She was crying.

"She won't stop crying", she said.

You were about to carry her but Taehyung best you to it. He swayed back and forth and lightly grabbed her hand. She stopped crying.

"She's so beautiful. She looks like you", he said, smiling down at your baby.

"You think so?", you asked.

"Yeah", he said.

As you watched him carry your baby, you thought about actually letting him into your life again. But you were afraid.

"I really want this (y/n). I'm 100% positive. Let me", he said.

"Taehyung it's a bit more difficult than that", you sighed.

"How? How is it difficult?", he asked.

"It's way more responsibility than you think. Are you gonna be able to handle it?", you asked.

"Yes. Just trust me", he said.

You looked at your baby and thought about her life and growing up without a father. Taehyung isn't a bad person at all and it's obvious that he loves kids.

"I trust you Taehyung. I know you don't take this as a joke. So fine. I'll give you a chance. I just hope you don't change your mind", you said.

"I won't", he smiled and quickly pecked your lips which caught you by surprise.

He smiled and looked down at your baby. He kept making weird faces at her.

"I'm really happy you're here. I was pushing you away because I thought I was protecting you", you admitted.

"You're cute", he smiled cutely and giggled.

"Shut up", you laughed.

"Hey watch your language in front of her", he stuck his tongue out at you.

You sat down on the couch and watched them. You thought about how your life would be if your ex boyfriend hadn't broken up with you.
Probably not in the same position as Taehyung.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?", you asked him.

"(Y/n), I want nothing more than to have both of you as mine. I love you. I never got to tell you that", he said.

"Jeez people like you are very rare. Thanks for choosing me", you smiled.
______________________________

*Someone* sent me a message saying that I was a slut for dating.
1) congrats on being one of the most f*cking horrible people out there.
2) I can date who ever I want
3) I'm only dating one person
4) it's none of your f*cking business

Anyways no one can ruin how happy I am😊