Jimin

*Me @ Jimin: "You made me drop croissant"*
—————————————————————

One night (y/n) and Jimin were driving throughout the streetlights, talking amongst the music coming from the radio. They were on their way to pick up Yui, Jimin's daughter, from the sitter's house. Since Jimin and (y/n) were in the same company, it was mandatory for them to attend a meeting with their group. She lived right next door so they thought it was better to carpool.

Something happened in the meeting that caused them to disagree with each other. During the drive, talking turned into arguing. As they did, Jimin wasn't focusing on the road and did not realize their was a stop sign ahead. It was too late for him to break as a truck collided with their car, causing it to flip over repeatedly. Jimin had no serious injuries but (y/n) ended up with severe injuries.

Her jaw was dislocated, her leg was broken as well as a few ribs which punctured her lung. She had trouble breathing so the doctors had to perform a tracheotomy which is a surgical procedure that consists of an incision made on the neck in order for her to breathe. They treated her broken bones and had to pop her jaw back in. Her jaw had to be wired shut so the healing process could be easier.

As days pass, Jimin waited with the other people in the first floor. He didn't have the courage to face her. He kept telling himself that it was his fault. Yui, on the other hand, reminds him that it was an accident. She really wanted to see (y/n) but she had to wait until (y/n) was cleared for non-familial visitors.

Yui hates seeing her dad upset, especially when (y/n) is the reason. She loved both of them and wanted them to make up.

"I bet she doesn't blame you. I'm sure she doesn't", Yui said, smiling, hoping it would make her dad feel better.

"I called her stupid. All because I said it was a bad idea for her to go on that trip. I really think she hates me", he said, putting his face on the palm of his hands.

"Daddy, do you love (y/n)?", she asked.

That question caused Jimin to chuckle. He glanced over at his daughter and noticed the curiosity laying in her face.

"If you love (y/n), you should tell her", she said.

"You're five. What do you know about love?", he asked.

"Well...I love you and I love (y/n). Didn't you tell me all love is the same?", she asked.

Jimin just smiled softly at her and ruffled up her hair. She giggled and laid her head on his lap to get some rest.

~~~

"Alright Ms. (y/l/n), everything is progressing the way it's supposed to. Soon we'll be able to remove the wires from your jaw. The only issue you'll be having is you won't feel any comfort with that cast on your leg. But other than that, you're doing well", the doctor smiled and placed the clipboard against the hospital bed.

"Now. I have a surprise for you", the doctor smiled before opening the door.

"(Y/n)", Yui squealed in happiness and hooked her way towards the bed.

Jimin slowly walked in after her, causing (y/n)'s eyes to go Yui to him. He softly smiled and stayed leaning against the doorframe

"Does that hurt?", Yui asked, referring to the small scar that was left on (y/n)'s neck.

Since the wires had her jaw sealed shut, she couldn't talk so they gave her a small whiteboard and a marker to communicate that way. She wrote on the board 'a little'.

"I missed you. I kept begging daddy to let me see you but he said you couldn't have visitors. But I had a feeling he said that because he didn't want me to feel sad", she said, staring at her broken leg.

(Y/n) grabbed the marker and wrote 'are you sad?'

"Yeah. I was worried. Are you okay now? When can you come home?", she asked.

(Y/n) wrote 'I'm okay. I won't be going home anytime soon but I promise when I do, we will put on our princess outfits and bake cookies.'

Yui smiled and carefully hugged her. She sat down on the hospital bed and talked to her about what happened in school. As they talked, Jimin watched from the door, sighing.

Hours pass, Yui ended up falling asleep. Jimin sat down on the chair and made sure Yui was comfortable.

"I'm sorry (y/n). This is all my fault. If I hadn't started arguing with you, I would've known their was a stop sign. I don't know what I'd do if something bad...or worse..happened to you. I can't forgive myself and I wouldn't be mad if you can't forgive me either. I'll understand", he said.

(Y/n) slightly frowned and wrote 'it's okay. I forgive you. And I'm not mad at you.'

"How can you forgive me? You could've died. Yui would've blamed me. I know it's my fault", he said.

(Y/n) grabbed his hand and lightly squeezed it. She wrote 'you're the only person who genuinely cares. You were just looking out for me, right?'

"That's right. I care about you a lot...and so does Yui. She actually made a bunch of cards for you but she left them back at home. She really really loves you, you know?", he said, softly smiling.

(Y/n) looked down at the board and began to blush as she hesitantly wrote 'she talked to me a few days ago about finding a boyfriend. She says I'm lonely.'

As Jimin read what was on the board, he chuckled and shook his head.

"That Yui, She's something isn't she?", he asked chuckling.

(Y/n) nodded. She was smiling at first but soon faded.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

She looked at him for a few seconds before writing down 'are you lonely?'

Jimin kept reading the question. When he looked back at her, he noticed she wasn't looking at him.

"Why would I be lonely? I have Yui and you", he said.

She wrote 'that's not what I mean.'

"Then what do you mean?", he asked.

She tapped her fingers repeatedly on the board before writing 'Yui says you look at me the way you used to look at her mom'.

"Really? She said that? Huh. She also said that unicorns can only appear if you see a rainbow", he said, chuckling.

(Y/n) slightly frowned and erased what she had wrote down. Jimin noticed she was bothered by his response so he held her hand, causing her to look up at him.

"The reason on why I didn't want you to go on that trip was a very selfish one. I didn't want you to go because I would miss you too much. Yui is really smart you know? She notices things that we don't. She was talking to me about love. Can you believe that? A five year old talking to me about love. She said she loves me and you. And that all love is the same...she wants me to tell you that...I love you", he said.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened so much, she could feel the air dry them up quickly. Jimin chuckled and sat closer to hold her hand and brought it up to his mouth, placing a soft kiss on her thumb.

"You don't have to say anything. I mean, not that you could. I know I said it out of nowhere but...I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore", he smiled.

Jimin kept caressing her hand with his. (Y/n) pulled away. He thought he said something wrong but she began to write down 'I love you too'. He smiled and wiped away the tears that had already escaped her eyes.

"Looks like we owe Yui a big ol' thanks. Who knew a five year old is so good at reading people. Anyways, right now we have to focus on your recovery. That's much more important now. That's how much I love you."
_____________________________

Wattpad literally did not add the first ending that I wrote so I had to do it again🙃