Jimin (Pt. 2)

It's odd how no matter how cold your skin feels, Jimin made you feel warm. Especially at that moment, laying next to him as you shared your bed. You traced along the features on his face as he slept. You never felt what it was like to be one with someone.

Your hand that was on his cheek slowly went down to his bare chest. The feeling of his heartbeat didn't cause your stomach to churn. It was odd that this one person in front of you did not call out your hunger.

~~~

The next morning, he had to leave while you were stuck in the apartment. He doesn't get out of work until late at night. In the mean time, you had to clean up your mess. Cleaning up the blood was easy but getting rid of the body was difficult.

A few moments later, you felt like you couldn't breathe. You kept pacing back and forth. You don't know how long you've been doing that but it seemed like forever. You kept scratching your arms until it left marks. Once you heard a knock on your door, you opened it and sighed in relief as you hugged Jimin. And once again you can breathe.

"Hey what's wrong?", he asked, wrapping your arms around you.

"What took you so long?", you asked, grip tightening around him.

"I was at work. You know that. It's okay. I'm here now", he said.

You breathed out heavily and loosened your grip.

"Wanna go for a walk?", he asked.

~~~

As you stepped out onto the cold night, Jimin's warm hand was intertwined with your cold one. He took you to the same place he always takes you.

"The stars aren't as bright tonight", you said.

"I know. That's strange", he said.

Both of you were looking up at the sky. As you were, you're stomach began to churn. You had to clutch down onto your stomach. The pain was unbearable this time.

"What?? What's wrong??", he asked.

"..nothing..I think I just need to rest", you breathed out.

He took you back home, helped you lay down on the bed and caressed your head. He stayed with you for the rest of the night until he had to leave the next afternoon to take care of something.

You were feeling a bit better so you decided to go for a walk. You went back to the place to look at the stars. You were relaxed as you counted the stars. But once again your stomach began to churn. You bent down and threw up. You hadn't told Jimin that the last meal you had was over two months ago. The only time you got a small amount of blood was from your father. You promised yourself to change just so you can be like Jimin.

~~~

As you walked back to your apartment, you can hear a few voices arguing. You slightly turned the corner and noticed Jimin talking to a girl. She seems a bit upset. You knew not to eavesdrop but you couldn't help but want to find out what they were talking about. You couldn't hear clearly but the girl wrapped his arms around him and kissed him.

You were fuming with anger. As you got closer to them, Jimin pushed her away.

"So that's why you won't come back to me? Because you wanna be with..this?", she said in disgust as she eyed you up and down.

"You need to leave", Jimin said to her.

You couldn't hold in your anger anymore. You pounced on her and ripped a piece of flesh from her neck. You began to suck blood and felt yourself you couldn't stop.

"(Y/n), get off!", Jimin yelled.

You heard sirens in the distance so you quickly pulled yourself away and ran the other direction, Jimin calling out for you. You had to hide to not be seen.

~~~

You watched as the ambulance took the girl, Jimin following them. You had already wiped off the blood that dropped down from your mouth. At that moment, you slowly started to realize why creatures like you weren't allowed to fall in love with humans. You only focused on not getting caught whenever you're feeding and trying not to step into the sunlight where you'll turn into dust. No one ever explained to you why but you realized that falling in love with a human involves making sacrifices. You were slowly dying. You decided not to mix your life with the humans.

As you looked around, you notice a pen not too far from you. You tried it out on your skin to see if it worked. You grabbed a piece of ripped newspaper and began to write.

~~~

It took you a while to find the right room but as soon as you found it, you sat near the edge of the window. You notice Jimin sitting near the unconscious girl. Machines were connected to her.

You were hesitant to give the note to Jimin in person so you picked up a rock and placed it on the note. You knocked on the window and quickly ran until you were at a safe distance. You can see Jimin opening the window, reading the note after picking it up.

'You have taught me so many things that I've never experienced before. I felt feelings I've never felt before. Before I met you, my world was pure darkness. I'm thankful that you did not push me out of your life once you figured out what I really am. But I'm also sorry for what I have put you through. Being together will only put you in danger and I don't want that. I am not doing this because I am mad at you. I'm doing this because I love you. I understand if you tell the police who hurt that girl. I deserve to be put away so I won't hurt anyone anymore. You won't see me anymore. Which might be a good thing. You will always be in my heart.'

~~~

You were now living in a different country. You don't feed off of humans, you feed off of animals now. Every now and then you'd look up at the stars and wonder what Jimin is doing but you would have to remind yourself that you have to get on with your life.
_____________________________

Forget people. I'm gonna marry food😅