Jungkook

You and Jungkook met when you were just five years old. Since then, you two have been inseparable. Your first sleepover with him was when you were eight. Your parents never had a problem with him. Though as you grew older, your parents couldn't stand each other. You would always go over to Jungkook's house whenever they argue. He always makes you feel better.

One night, your father came home drunk and it scared the crap out of you when he was throwing plates across the room. You escaped through your bedroom window and ran over to his house. His dad opened the door a few seconds after you knocked. He noticed you've been crying.

"They're arguing again?", he asked, you nodding.

"Well Jungkook isn't here at the moment but you can wait in his room", he stood aside to let you.

"Thanks Mr. Jeon", you softly smiled and walked in.

As you entered Jungkook's room, you sighed and laid down on his messy bed. There were pictures of you and him everywhere in his room. You waited for him for at least two hours until you fell asleep.

~~~

Jungkook arrived a little bit after midnight. When he saw you were sleeping on his bed, he made his way quietly inside the room, slowly putting down his things. He crawled onto the bed and laid down next to you. He tried not to wake you up but your eyes slowly opened.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you", he said.

"Where were you?", you asked, rubbing your eyes.

"I...had a date", he said.

"A date? With who?", you asked, sitting up.

"It doesn't matter. Are you okay? My dad called saying you were crying. Was it your parents again?", he asked.

"Was it that girl from the store? Is that who you were out with?", you asked.

"..yes. I asked her out a few days ago", he said.

"Why didn't you tell me? We tell each other everything. Lately you've been very secretive", you mumbled.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again", he poked the tip of your nose before wrapping you under the blankets.

You snuggled yourself on his chest and sighed, closing your eyes so you can fall asleep.

~~~

It's been weeks since Jungkook has been going out on dates with the girl from the store. You call him to see if you can hang out but he's either busy or doesn't answer your calls.
You were starting to miss him.

"You like him (y/n). That's why you're acting this way", your friend said.

"I do not like him. We have a friendship that's very rare. We take care of each other", you said.

"Oh come on (y/n). He likes you as well. I can see it. He just thinks that going out with other people will help him mask his feelings. And you're jealous because he's paying attention to someone else instead of you", she said.

A few days after, you went over to your secret hiding spot, the one you share with Jungkook. You haven't been there in weeks and you kinda missed it.

You sat down on the bean bag chair and grabbed the photo album that was on the floor. You skimmed through some pages and smiled as you remembered each moment.

"(Y/n), I've been looking for you."

You looked up and slightly frowned as Jungkook sat down next to you. You can feel your heart beat rapidly. You quickly closed the album and turned away.

"I talked to your friend earlier. She said you've been trying to get in contact with me. I'm sorry. I've been going out with that girl so much I haven't taken the time to spend it with you", he said.

"Do you like her? Is that why you've been spending a lot of time with her?", you asked, feeling tears forming in your eyes.

"Is there a reason why you're asking me that?", he asked.

"...I asked you a question first," you mumbled.

He put his hand under your chin and turned you around so you can face him. You didn't want him to see you almost crying but he caught it either way.

"I thought we agreed on telling each other everything. There's clearly something you're not saying", he said.

"It wouldn't make a difference if I did", you said.

"How do you know?", he asked.

"Because...I just know", you mumbled as you played with your fingers.

He quickly intertwined your hands together. His thumb caressed yours and took a deep breath before sighing.

"It's okay to say if you have feelings for me. I mean, we've been close friends for years. There was bound for some feelings to appear. The reason why I asked that girl out is because I felt like what I felt for you was wrong since we've been friends for that long. I had a talk with my dad though and he said that feelings for someone who you've known for a really long time is special because you have a connection with them that no one has. I understand why you feel like I won't feel the same way for you. But you have nothing to worry about. Our bond is special. My heart belongs to you now. Maybe it always has been. But you are stuck in here", he smiled as he pointed at his chest where his heart is.

"..I can't fit in your heart. I'm too big", you said.

"Hmm..then maybe I can break your arm or leg..or maybe your head and just put it in my heart", he said as he grabbed your face and pulled your head, placing it on his chest.

You laughed and pushed him away. He was glad he made you smile.

"No more secrets okay", he said.

"Okay", you sighed.

"Pinky promise", he stuck out his pinky towards you.

"Pinky promise", you smiled and intertwined your pinkies together, kissing the tip of your thumb afterwards.

"Okay, close your eyes", he said.

"Why?", you asked curiously.

"Just do it. It's a surprise", he smiled.

You were quite cautious at first but closed them either way. You wanted to peek so badly but you can sense Jungkook staring at you.

"Open them", he said.

When you did, Jungkook was super close to you, smiling from ear to ear. Your face turned red, making obvious that you were nervous.

"I'm debating whether to kiss you now...or surprise attack you", he said.

"..what?", you asked, face still warming up.

He leaned closer and glanced down at your lips. You were expecting a kiss from him so you closed your eyes. He stopped inches away from your lips before lightly giggling as you wanted to kiss him too. He placed both of his hands on your cheeks and kissed you passionately.
Never have you thought your best friend would turn into your soulmate.
______________________________

Just a reminder that I love you guys to the moon and back and that you are the best❤️❤️❤️❤️