Mike Wheeler x Reader

I sat beside my twin brother, clutching at his hand while he slept, not even knowing about the craziness world around him. Mom had sedated him when Mike realized that he was spying on us for the shadow monster. Mike was crying and kept repeating over and over that it was too late, that they were too late. Downstairs, we could hear the crashing of objects being broken and the screams of people as the demodogs attacked. We were just waiting on Hopper, knowing well that we wouldn't get far without him, and we all had hope that he would make it back safely. Bob was holding Mom in his arms while Mike scooted his chair closer to me.

"We'll be fine," I reassured him. "Hopper will come and we'll get the hell out of here."

Mike nodded, "I know... I just don't know what to do about Will. He's a spy for the shadow monster now, we can't trust him to know where we are until He is defeated."

I clasped my free hand around Mike's and gave it a squeeze followed by a forceful smile, not really sure I was smiling at such an awful moment like that. The outer doors, which were still guarded, flew open and Hopper came storming in. Behind him was the Dr. Owens, who shut the doors behind them. "Time to go." Hopper came towards my brother and picked Will up from the bed, carrying him in his arms. "What's the best way out of here, doc?"

Dr. Owens hesitated to respond, thinking harshly on a plan. "Follow me." He headed to the exit, pushing past the guards, but when he opened the doors, there were two demodogs. The guards raised their weapons and began firing. Both demodogs screeched as they looked at the guards and jumped on them. Hopper took the opportunity to push our group forward into the hallway while the demodogs were distracted. Dr. Owens took a left and then an immediate right, jumping into a room. We all followed, Bob being the last one, so he closed the door. I found myself in a security room where the walls were covered in TVs that were showing security camera footage.

"Oh, my god," Bob muttered as we began watching. On every floor, every corner, there were demodogs eating their victims. I couldn't bear to watch it another second, so I turned and buried my face in Mike's shoulder, and he caught me, bringing my close to him.

While Hopper and Dr. Owens created a plan for our escape, they realized that our only hope was to get the computers running again to unlock the exits. But no one except Bob knew how to do that, which meant that Bob had to go alone. Hopper couldn't go with him because he had to carry my brother, while Mom and Mike refused to leave our sides. My brothers never really got close to Bob, but I did, and we all had a deep fear that we wouldn't see him again. No one wanted to admit it, but it was a possibility. Bob and I hugged before Hopper gave him a gun, and Mom and Bob kissed goodbye. I wanted Bob to come back, be successful and escape with us, but I was worried that it wouldn't happen.

Bob left the room, and Dr. Owens led him through the maze of hallways while we all watched. When he got to the computer and unlocked the exit doors, we all hurried away except for Dr. Owens who said he would lead Bob to the exit to meet us there. Hopper, carrying my brother, and Mom led the way, while Mike and I trailed along side by side. Hopper had left the walkie with Dr. Owens, which meant that we had no way of knowing if around the corner there would be a demodog. Every step we took was a risk.

Behind us, there was a loud roar coming from a demodog. I stopped and turned, not realizing that everyone else had continued on around the corner. The demodog came out from the shadows, and I assumed that it was looking straight at me. I felt frozen, petrified. How did Will ever manage to be in the Upside Down for so long knowing that those things were constantly around? I remembered how he explained looking up at the shadow monster, and felt completely immobile. That's how I was in that moment. Even when the demodog began charging at me, I didn't move my feet. My head was screaming, told me to run, yet I didn't—  I couldn't.

"[y/n]! Run!" Mike came back for me. I heard him, but his voice was distant and distorted, like I was underwater. "Run!" I wanted to, I really did. I wanted to turn and run into his arms and never let go, but I just continued to watch the charging demodog just as it leapt onto me.

"No!" Mom screamed as my body fell to the floor with the demodog on top of me. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for what was coming next. Yet, the only thing that happened was the sound of bullets echoing above me, and the demodog crawled off me, fleeing from danger.

With my eyes still closed, and my body petrified, I felt arms wrap around me and sit me up right. It wasn't my mother's embrace, I knew that much, it was someone else's. And it wasn't Hopper because the person's arms and build was much smaller. It was Mike. "Why didn't you run?" he asked as he rocked me back and forth in his arms. "I would have protected you..."

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, clutching onto his shirt.

"We have to go," Hopper said. I nodded and Mike helped me up.

I finally opened my eyes and looked at Mike, staring at his features, thinking that I was lucky to have seen him again. "I'm sorry..." I repeated.

Mike tucked one of my loose curls behind my ear, "I'm just glad you're safe." Before I knew what happened, Mike leaned in and gently kissed me. My first kiss. Stranded in the middle of a supernatural war zone, after nearly dying, Mike and I shared our first kiss. "Never do that again. I can't lose you."

I nodded before pressing my forehead against his, "I won't."

"We have to go, lovebirds," Hopper hissed. And we all turned and ran off. 

Credits: imagineaworlds.tumblr.com