Liam Payne x Reader

"You have to put you're coat on if you want to go out," I said to (y/s/n), my 3 year old son, while I pulled his coat around him.

"Why?" he whined.

"No coat, no going out," I said firmly.

"Fine," he said, still whining.

"Is he ready?" Liam asked coming into the entrance hall.

"Yep," I said, standing up.

"Come on then," he said, unlocking the door. I took (y/s/n) hand and we walked out of the house. The snow on the ground was completely untouched and looked beautiful. Well it did, until (y/s/n) let go of my hand and ran down the path to the front gate, leaving his tiny footprints in the snow.

"His footprints are so small," I said quietly, hearing Liam chuckle as he took my hand and we started to follow our little boys footprints.

"Come on Mummy, we have to get to the park," he shouted from the front gate, jumping in his spot.

"Alright, calm down," I laughed and took his hand as I reached him.

We started to walk down the road, Liam wrapping his arm around my waist in the process. As soon as we reached the park (y/s/n) stopped, staring out at the white wonderland. He looked up at me with the wide puppy dog eyes which he'd managed to inherit from Liam.

"Go," I said, letting go of his hand and he quickly ran off. "But stay where I can see you," I shouted after him. Liam chuckled and led me over to a bench.

"Let him have some fun," he said smiling.

"OK, but when he falls over and hurts himself, you can be the one to stop him crying," I joked, "And I'm not sitting on the bench, it's covered in snow,"

"You're such a wuss," he chuckled, brushing some of the snow off the bench with his gloved hand. He sat down on the clear spot and then wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me down onto his lap.

"Can you believe that he's nearly four?" I said, watching as (y/s/n) started to kick the snow up and then twirl as it fell around him.

"I know, time's flown by, I just wish I'd been around for more of his childhood," he whispered, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, we've been over this, you couldn't help it, it's your job,a job that means he can have a much better life," I said.

"I know, but I missed so many of his milestones, I missed his first word, the first time he stood up on his own, hell I nearly missed his birth cause the plane that was bringing us boys home was late," he said, sounding extremely sad. I turned around in his lap and cupped his face in my hands.

"You couldn't help it, and you're here now that's all that matters, plus I know you'll be there for the milestones of any other children we have, stop beating yourself up over it," I said and then pressed my lips to his. I suddenly felt something cold hit me in the back. I pulled away gasping and turned to see (y/s/n) stood behind me. His gloves were covered with snow and he had a cheeky grin plastered onto his face.

"He's learnt too much from Louis," Liam said as he brushed the snow from my back.

"You cheeky little, come here," I said launching myself off of Liam and chasing after (y/s/n). I could here him giggling loudly as he ran away from me. I caught up to him and scooped him up in my arms spinning him around.

"Daddy save me," he squealed through his laughter. Liam jumped up from the bench and came running over. He picked (y/s/n) up and ran away.

"Come back here," I yelled, running after them.

"Such a cute little family," I heard from behind me and turned to see two old ladies walking, their arms linked. I turned back and went back to the boys who were now making snow angels.

"You're going to freeze, come on," I said, picking (y/s/n) up and resting him on my hip.

"Look at what I made," he said to me. Liam stood up and pulled out his phone. I saw him take a picture of the two snow angels and knew that he was going to tweet it later. "Mummy,"

"What?"

"I'm cold, I want to go home," (y/s/n) said quietly, burying his head into the crook of my neck.

"OK," I said and we started to walk home.

"Can we watch a film?" (y/s/n) asked me as we walked into the house.

"Of course we can," I said placing him on the couch.

"I'll go and make some hot chocolate," Liam said to me as I placed a film in the DVD player. I grabbed a blanket and set in over myself and (y/s/n). He moved closer and cuddled into my side. Liam came back with two hot chocolates and placed them on the coffee table. He sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and covered himself in the blanket.

Halfway through the film I heard quiet snores coming from my side. I looked down to see (y/s/n) fast asleep.

"I'm going to take him upstairs," I whispered to Liam, picking him up and taking him up to his room. I placed him in bed and covered him with his Spiderman duvet. "Night night," I whispered and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

"Come here and cuddle with me, I'm cold," Liam said as I came back downstairs.

"Well you're the one who decided to lay down in the snow," I laughed as I cuddled into his side. He draped the blanket around us.

"I have a suggestion,"

"What?"

"Shut up," he said making me laugh. We carried on watching the film and I pulled out my phone. I went onto Twitter and looked at lots of mentions. I saw the tweet that Liam put up with the picture he took earlier.

Credit: xxtanababexx.tumblr.com