Dylan O'Brien x Reader

"Somewhere along six years ago, in a sketchy bar in one of the neighborhoods of LA I'd rather stay away from nowadays, I had a drink with your uncle Thomas. I don't remember it's exact location, but there was this bar. It was filled with elderly men. Teen Wolf had ended. So had The Maze Runner. I wasn't sure if there would be a second American Assassin, and I had nothing new coming up. I felt empty, and Thomas and I skimmed bars as pastime. I had to keep myself preoccupied somehow, right?" I grin, recalling the days of the past as I let my gaze trail along our living room scattered in toys.

Thomas and I were quiet, not sure what there would be to discuss that didn't involve work. Talking about my awkward break-up wasn't something I was interested in either, which left us slowly sipping our beers while quietly occupying the bar seats next to one another. Our fifth beer of the night was about due, and I knew it wouldn't be long before both of us were to head out, myself going back home to an empty house and a cold bed.

That's when I first saw her. When the door slams open and a gush of wind almost blows me off my bar seat, I squint at the intruder and bringer of frost. I couldn't help wondering what someone like her was doing in a place like this. Her heels clicked along the battered and broken tiles of the bar, a form flattering dress flowing behind her as my eyes stayed glued to her long legs.

Her hair was in a high ponytail, but as she passed us, let it flow free along her shoulders and mesmerizing me even further. I couldn't help wondering what she kept herself occupied with during the day – and if there was room in her schedule for me.

Thomas and I cross gazes – my Adam's Apple visibly bopping by the harsh swallow that follows. He seems to understand and nods his head, leaning back as his botte is brought to his lip. As I refocus my attention, I notice the glass of whiskey now in front of her. She's animatedly talking to the bartender – and thus probably a local occupant – and I can't help but feel jealousy course through my veins.

Our gazes meet across the bar and the tiny smile she grants me with pains my chest. Our eyes remain locked as she lifts the robust glass up to her lips, taking a slow sip before averting her gaze back to her conversation.

"Hi baby." I have no idea where I gained such confidence to just drop beside her, but I do. I mentally cringe at my words but keep my features clean of the internal shame I already felt. Her hair flows over her shoulders in such a glamorous, gentle way I'm pulled into a small trance that forces me to rethink what she had actually said to me. "Excuse me?"

"Do you call every girl you speak to baby?" She bites her lip devilishly as she turns towards me, leaning onto her right arm which is placed on the bar. I'm quite taken aback, not expecting her to react like this so playfully – but I like it. It gives me another push in the back to continue this façade I had started unwillingly.

"Only to the ones that take my breath away. I'm Dylan." I lick my lips as I let my gaze flick from her eyes to her lips and back up. I, without a second thought, scratch the scruff on my jaw. My eyes are trained on her lips as she speaks. "I'm Y/n."

"A charming name for a stunning woman." I don't smile, I don't wink. If you're declaring something that's so irrelevantly obvious, words suffice. She hums in content, a small smile breaking its way through. Y/N shakes her head as she briefly turns to take a small sip of her almost empty whiskey glass. She seems to be contemplating something and I wait patiently until she speaks again.

"You're – You're Stiles, right? And the guy from The Maze Runner?"

The smile that I thought would be permanent, falters. A sigh escapes me, and I focus on my beer, stroking its neck before bringing it to my lips as I mumble my response. "Mhm."

Her head turns back towards me with a raised eyebrow. "Then what are you doing here?" At first, I thought she hadn't recognized who I was and I had the luck to talk to someone like a normal person would. But her response threw me so off guard, I'm even more thrilled. A small chuckle slips me.