Joaquin DeSantos x Reader

Joaquin's eyes went up as he heard the bell to the diner ring, signalling someone new had entered. He came here occasionally, when he wanted to get away from the southside. He loved his serpent family, he loved them to pieces, but sometimes he just needed his quiet. To get away from the politics and the usual rough and tumble life.

He came here tonight because he had been stood up on a date, the guy who was supposed to meet him hadnt even texted an apology. Just hadnt shown up, and now Joaquin was sitting in the diner, headphones in and coffee in hand as you walked into the building. Leather jacket tightly around your body, skinny jeans and combat boots soaked from the rain. His eyes widened as he looked at you, tilting his head.

You were gorgeous. He watched through the corner of his eye as you scanned the diner, seeing that there were no empty seats. He blushed a bit as you preached his booth, asking in a smooth voice if you could sit with him. He simply nodded, motioning with his hand to go ahead. He didn't trust his voice at this point but you didn't seem to mind, sitting across from him and relaxing as you took out the earbuds.

"What are you listening to?" You asked, noticing he only had one in. You could see a red tint on his face and he smiled, Showing you the song that was playing. You raised your eyebrows as you turned your ipod, showing the same song. Your favourite song of the moment. He let out a laugh, smiling at you.

"My name is Joaquin," he said, holding out his hand for you to shake. When you introduced yourself he couldn't help thinking the name suited you.

"You new in town?" He asked you and you nodded your head.

"Just moved in, arrived tonight. Mom sent me for dinner while she unpacks," you said, shrugging your shoulders. He nodded, smiling a bit at you.

"What part of riverdale?" He asked and you sighed, blowing hair from your face as you shook your head.

"South side until we can find something else that's affordable," you said, a slight tint to your cheeks as you admitted it. He nodded, realizing he had taken his jacket off, leaving it on the seat beside him.

He said nothing about it though, simply nodding his head at you. "What area? Im from that side as well," he said and you instantly flushed, telling him the street.

"I live near there? Want me to walk you home? Its kind of a rough area," he said and you smiled, nodding a bit, instantly trusting the boy across from you. The two of you sat in the diner for the half hour until your order was called and you stood, going to pay. While you were gone his fist clenched in his jacket.

Sure, he was proud of being who he was. He was proud of his serpent affiliations, but he didn't think you would appreciate them. He was concerned, knowing not everyone would be accepting of it, and he didn't want to lose someone he had instantly clicked with like this, to be gone because of his chosen family. He shook his head, knowing that family would always come first, and it would be best to be honest first, and he slipped the leather over his shoulders, smiling as he saw you approach. He was surprised when your steps didn't falter and you just walked over, eyebrow raised.

"I thought you said youd walk me home to make sure I didn't run into any trouble?" You asked, crossing your arms a bit. He found it impossible to read your face, and he took his own stand.

"Does it bother you?" He asked, face going hard, expecting the worst answer. He was even more surprised, and delighted when you laughed, shaking your head.

"Don't worry tough guy, you wont be the first bad boy I've met," you said, nodding your head to the door, telling him silently it was time to go. He followed you out the door, falling into step beside you, a comfortable silence surrounding you. The silence didn't last long before he struck up a conversation with you about why you had come here. A conversation you instantly shut down.

"Come on toughie, a persons gotta have their secrets,"you said and he smirked.

"Oh I'm sure I'll find a way to make you tell me," he said. You rolled your eyes, clucking your tongue.

"Youre welcome to try, but whose to say I'm not immune to your slithery ways. Ive met my share of slytherin," you said. He rolled his eyes, a loud laugh escaping his lips.

You saw him just roll his eyes, a smirk on his face. You could tell exactly what that look meant and shook your head, punching him in the arm lightly, still smiling.

"Oh for gods sakes, don't judge a book by its cover. I would have never thought a string bean like you would be wearing that jacket," you said, nodding your head to it. He squinted at you.

"I am choosing to ignore that comment princess," he said, frowning as he realized you had stopped outside of your house.

You leaned up and kissed his cheek, an action that made him turn his head, catching your lips with his own. You were surprised but instantly reciprocated, the kiss turning heated before he noticed a light turning on in your house.

"Might want to go, before my dad kills you," you whispered, winking at him before heading inside the house. He watched you go, a smile on his face as he made sure you made it inside safely. When he turned to go he slipped his hand in his pocket, feeling a piece of paper in it he hadnt put there himself. He pulled it out as he walked, making his way to the bar, another soft chuckle leaving his lips.

"Text me toughie," was all it said, a number beside the words. He folded the paper back up and placed into his pocket before heading home, knowing that he definitely would be texting you as soon as he got there.

Credit:
many-miscellaneous-musings.tumblr.com