Zendaya x (fem) Reader

"Wanna go for a walk, y/n?" Your girlfriend asked, already putting on her shoes.

"Sure. I'll just be a little slow." You joked motioning over your knee brace.

"I told you not to run down that hill."

"How was I supposed to know I was going to fall?"

"Just be more careful this time."

Zendaya held out her hand for you to hold. Your fingers intertwined as you walked out of the temporary home. The newest Spider-Man film was shooting in Italy and Zendaya asked if you would live with her since it was farther away and production would go for a minimum of six months.

You walked for a little while until coming across a bridge over christal clear water.

"Let's stop here, babe. Look at how pretty the water is." Zendaya ran over to the railing and immediately started taking pictures. You stood back for a moment and enjoyed the sigh of your girlfriend being so happy.

You casually slipped a hand in the pocket of your jacket and felt the little ring box you had been carrying around for three days. Initially, you planned on proposing on the last day of filming, but this felt like a better moment. You limped over to where your girlfriend was standing and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"I love you so much, Z."

"I love you too, y/n." Zendaya leaned over and gently kissed your cheek.

"How would you feel about moving here one day?"

"I don't know. It's a nice city and all but neither one of us speaks Italian. Why do you ask?"

"Just trying to plan for the future."

You removed the ring box from your pocket and turned to face Zendaya.

"I know I'm supposed to bend my knee to do this but..." your girlfriend faced you with a shocked expression as you opened the box.

"Zendaya Coleman, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh my God, yes!"

She stuck her left hand out and wiggled her fingers in anticipation. Nervously, you slipped the engagement ring on her left ring finger.

"Do you like the ring? It took me forever to find one that you would like." You mumbled, still feeling a little nervous.

"I love it, y/n." Zendaya cupped your face and pulled you in for a loving kiss. A few moments later, you pulled away with a dopey smile.

"Come on, let's go back to set. I want to call my parents and tell them the good news." Your fiancé grabbed your hand and excitedly lead you back to set.

A few weeks after the proposal, you couldn't help but notice the sudden influx of paparazzi following you. Sure, you'd get the occasional creepy guy asking you about your relationship but now it felt like swarms of them were following you. It wasn't until you were on your lunch break one day that you saw the news article. The picture was of you standing in front of your fiancé, placing the ring on her finger.

ZENDAYA GETS ENGAGED IN ITALY the title read.

"During a recent livestream the actress confirmed her engagement to long time partner, y/n y/l/n. The romantic moment was captured by a fan as seen above."

The rest of the article went on to talk about who the guest list might include. You let out a sigh, the two of you planned on having a private marriage and life. But you knew eventually someone would find out and the whole world would know.

"Better now than later." You mumbled to yourself before returning to work.

Credit: writing-imagines.tumblr.com