Billy Hargrove x Reader

You and Billy were kind of friends, much to the distain of everyone else you associated with.

You tried your best not to judge people based on other people's feelings about them— Billy may have seemed like an asshole, but you were sure there was more to it. So you tried talking to him.

At first he was aloof, the conversation never really going farther them him flirting with you. Eventually it extended to talking about your day, and then your likes and dislikes. Within a few weeks you were having full blown conversations about nothing and everything.

You were pretty sure you were the only one that Billy actually talked to. He seemed shallow and nobody had really tried to dig any deeper.

Steve had warned you to stay away, but you decided that a friendship with the boy was harmless. He had never done anything to you and you actually enjoyed spending the time with him. Billy Hargrove was good company and damn fun to look at.

It took awhile for Max to even notice. Billy had gone from locking himself in his room everyday to actually offering to give the girl rides when she wanted to see her friends. In hindsight Max realized that she should've been sceptical. Billy never would've done that unless he directly benefited from it.

It was a trip to the mall that made the red head realize what was actually going on.

When the duo arrived, Billy surprisingly jumped out of the car behind Max, being quick to lock the doors and enter the mall. Immediately Max spotted Lucas and El, running over to her friends and greeting them with hugs.

Billy took his time looking around the large area. Max watched her brother from a far with furrowed brows. "He's been acting so weird lately," she told her friends in a hushed voice, "—he volunteered to drive me today. I don't know what's gotten into him."

Dustin snorted from his spot beside Will, the entire party now watching Billy as he began sauntering off to a table not too far from were they stood. "I'll tell you what's gotten into the douchebag. He's in love with Y/N."

The group shifted their attention to Dustin, each with varying expressions of disbelief. There was no way Billy Hargrove was in love with anyone other then his own reflection.

Max scoffed, arms crossed over her chest, "Yeah, right. All he does is entertain girls. You really expect me to believe he's in love?"

Dustin nodded smugly, "When's the last time he had a girl over?"

"Well," Max paused to think. She quickly realized that it had to have been at least a month. "I don't remember." She whispered, her eyes widening.

"Exactly. It's because he's obsessed with Y/N."

"He is always staring at her. I just thought he was looking at her ass," Mike shrugged, wincing when Eleven elbowed his side.

"Gross," Will gagged, "—that's my sister."

"It's not our fault Billy wants a piece," Lucas smirked. This time it was Max's turn to elbow her boyfriend.

"He's talking to her right now."

The group moved quietly in the direction that the two of you sat chatting, trying to stay as non conspicuous as possible.

Meanwhile you were grinning at something Billy had said, the curly haired boy sitting in front of you with a smile of his own.

"You uh- got a little something," Billy smirked, gestering at your lip. It had to have been chocolate from the cookie you were eating.

Your cheeks flamed bright pink as you tried to wipe it away with a napkin, embarrassment blooming in your chest.

Billy only shook his head, swiping his thumb across your bottom lip and taking the chocolate into his own mouth. Now you were blushing for a different reason.

"T-thank you," you stuttered out, taking a sip from your water.

Billy only winked, the pair of you having what felt like a staring contest.

The two of you were interrupted by a pile of kids falling down in front of your table. Dustin was the first one to jump up, brushing himself off as the rest of the party followed.

They all looked equal parts sheepish at being caught and mad at Dustin for knocking them down.

You glared at the kids with arms crossed over your chest, "Can I help you nerds?" You questioned, looking over all of them.

It was obvious they had been trying to spy on you and Billy. Surprisingly, the boy just watched with a bored expression, deciding to let you handle them.

"We were just in the neighborhood," Max piped up, rocking on the heels of her feet, "—decided to say hello."

"Is that so?" Billy finally questioned, leaning over on his arm.

The kids all nodded.

"Looked like you were hiding to me, what do you think, Billy?"

"I don't know, Y/N. Maybe they just decided to drop in," Billy snickered.

You couldn't help but to laugh at his ridiculous pun, rolling your eyes at the boy. "Shut up."

Lucas groaned, rolling his eyes. The rest of the party looked over at the boy with wide eyes, making varying faces that all pretty much added up to the same 'why?!' expression.

"Is there a problem, Lucas?" You questioned with narrow eyes, looking your brother's friend up and down.

As much as the party loved you for being way cooler then Jonathan, they also feared you slightly.

Billy watched you with a smirk. God was he happy to be in your good graces.

"Oh it's nothing," Lucas shook his head, "—I just can't believe Dustin was right."

You could hear Max mumble a quiet, "Oh God," under her breath. You had a feeling they would be breaking up for the eighth time.

"Do you have something you'd like to share with the class, Dustin?"

"Other then Lucas being a complete piece of shit? Not really," Dustin replied, glaring at Lucas.

You watched the group with a bored expression, waiting for someone to speak up.

"I just didn't know Dustin was right," Lucas finally piped up, shrugging nonchalantly, "—that you two were up each other's asses."

"That is not what I said!" Dustin yelled, watching as your face morphed into one of pure horror.

"You're so dead," you threatened, standing up from your chair with cherry red cheeks.

Max backed away from her boyfriend, moving to stand besidr El. The rest of the party watched with wide eyes, waiting for you to pounce on the boy. He was barely an inch shorter then you so you couldn't bring yourself to feel bad.

"Hey," Billy interrupted, grabbing your hand.

You turned to look at the blonde boy, your eyes still blazing. His, on the other hand, were soft as he pulled you back down into your seat, "—breathe."

"Scram," Billy instructed the party, "—I don't know how much longer I can hold her off for."

They didn't have to be told twice. The entire group took off into a sprint in the direction of Scoops Ahoy. Probably to hode behind Steve incase you decided that you still wanted your revenge.

Billy wrapped an arm around your chair, turning to look at you with a smile.

"They aren't wrong you know," he shrugged cooly, "—I am definitely into you."

"How sweet," you grinned, rolling your eyes. "I'm into you too."

Credit: captainhotch.tumblr.com