Ariana Grande x (fem) Reader

Waking up way earlier than needed was something you hated, even if it was for the sake of your grade. One thing that usually helped to wake you up was a quick trip to Starbucks. The guy behind the counter just handed you your favorite drink. You took a grand total of four steps before your drink was on the ground. The heart shattering moment made your chest feel empty yet heavy.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." A distinctive voice apologized with a genuine tone. You looked up from the mess on the floor to see-Ariana Grande?

"It's okay. I didn't need a large anyway." You said, a little shocked that you were talking to the world's biggest pop star.

"I'm so sorry. I'm just so tired and I wanted a coffee and-"

"Hey, it's okay. Accidents happen, you don't need to apologize over spilled Starbucks."

"But I do. I would kill someone if they spilled my frappuccino."

"I'm not passionate enough about over priced drinks to kill someone." You laughed which made the pop star relax a little.

"Let me buy you another one, please."

"Oh...you don't have to do that. I was just-"

"I want to. What was your order?"

"It was-" just as you were about to tell her your order, your phone buzzed. You quickly checked it and saw an email from your lab partner asking where you were.

"Can we do a rain check? My lab partner is waiting for me."

"Yeah sure. Can I have your number? I don't exactly feel comfortable throwing my number out." She said looking a little timid. You half excitedly gave her your name and phone number.

"Text or call me when you're free?"

"Defiantly. See you later, y/n."

"See you later, Ariana."

A few days later on Saturday morning you got a call from an unknown number. Without even thinking, you picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi y/n. It's Ariana, you know the girl who spilled your drink?" You giggled at the introduction, mainly because Ariana Grande didn't need an introduction.

"Yeah I think I remember you. Short girl with a really high ponytail?"

"Mhm, that's me. Are you free today?" You had a mountain of homework to do but it could wait until Sunday.

"Yeah I'm free all day."

"Great! Wanna come over? I can have the Starbucks delivered so we don't have to go out."

"Uh..." You weren't seriously getting invited to a celebrities house, right?

"Sure I'd love to come over."

"Awesome. I'll let security know you're coming." Ariana gave you her adress. You could tell by the area code it was in an extremely rich part of town.

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, you drove to the address Ariana gave you. Immediately, you were met by a large man in a small shack.

"Name." He said dryly.

"Y/n y/l/n. I'm uh...here to see Ariana Grande." The main raised an eyebrow before flipping through a booklet.

"ID." He dryly said again. With a shaky hand you have him your drivers license.

"Okay. It's the tenth house on the right." The man pressed a button and the gates opened.

You carefully navigated the road until you reached the tenth house on the right side of the road. It was a huge mansion that made your apartment look like a cardboard box. You carefully parked your car in the driveway before walking up to the front door. You barely knocked before the door opened and Ariana greeted you.

"Hey y/n. Come in." She moved to the side so you could walk in.

"This is your house?" You asked in awe. Her living room was the size of your entire apartment.

"Yeah. It's nice huh?"

"Nice doesn't cover it. This place is amazing."

"I'll give you a tour." She gently grabbed your wrist before dragging you around the house.

The house really was amazing, it was so big you were actually tired after walking around all of it. When you were done with the tour, the Starbucks had been delivered. Ariana insisted the two of you sit in the home movie theater. You sat beside one another on a huge beanbag like couch.

"I can't believe we're hanging out." You admitted. For some reason you felt so comfortable with her even though you barely knew one another.

"I know. It's weird, I just feel like we've know each other for a while."

"Who knew spilled coffee could lead to a friendship with a pop star?" You joked making Ariana laugh.

You stayed at Ariana's until the sun went down. You said your goodbyes and already planned to meet again the next Saturday.

A week later Ariana came over to your apartment. You watched a few movies and taught her some of the stuff you were learning in class. To both of your delights, the trend of hanging out every Saturday continued for weeks.

On a Saturday in November, Ariana sat down beside you on her beanbag couch. She was scrolling on her phone while you searched Netflix on the massive movie screen.

"Hey y/n?"

"Yeah Ari?" You replied half paying attention.

"I want to tell you something important." You felt her hand grab your wrist and slowly lower the remote in your hand. You could tell by the look in her eyes it was serious.

"What is it?" You asked.

"I don't want this to ruin anything between us but I just need to get this off my chest." You were starting to get a little freaked out.

"I like you, y/n. As more than a friend..." Hearing that made your heart feel like it was going to explode. It was a relief to know she felt the same way.

"I like you too as more than a friend. I was just to afraid to tell you because we've become such good friends." Ariana's face lit up with a smile. You both sat there smiling like idiots for a few moments.

"So...what does this mean?" You asked, briefly looking down at the ground.

"I don't know. I've never dated someone who isn't in the industry."

"I've never dated anyone famous." You quickly replied to make her feel better. She smiled but didn't look at you. Carefully, you reached out and held her hand. That caught her attention and she looked up from the floor.

"If you're comfortable with it, I would really like to take you on a date." Ariana's smile somehow managed to widen even more.

"I'd like that too."

The following Saturday, the two of you went on a low key date to a coffee shop. That time Ariana didn't spill your drink or on any date after that.

Credit: writing-imagines.tumblr.com