David Dobrik x Reader

This was a very shitty thing to do, you were fully aware of that. But he had pranked you before, multiple times and it was even worse than all the pranks David has ever pulled on his friends. Because he hadn't even recorded them. It was just for his enjoyment.
His pranks were as innocent as putting a little of hot salsa on your food, scaring you with fake cockroaches or spiders or putting dye on hand soup. Or pranks that messed with your mental peace, like scaring you constantly, scaring you with his stupid air horn or with any loud instrument when you were distracted.
The last one was the one that trigged you the most, the whole squad were camping in Castaic, and David asked you if you could be in a fabricated bit which involved you being in an inflatable flamingo in the middle of the lake. He knew you are terrified of any major waterbody and he assured you it was going to be fine.
Turned out it was not fine, you spend more than 15 minutes in the middle of the lake with no help just with that stupid inflatable just watching David in the ground, recording.  Even though you didn't see it clearly, you could hear his stupid laugh.
Good thing Todd was somewhat touched by your borderline panic attack and helped you get back to the ground by throwing a rope at you, but you were almost certain it had more with Corinna telling him that you were about to lose it.
It was a rough couple of days for David, you were mad. But he was a very good guy and he earned his forgiveness with blood and sweat. So you forgave him because you love him.
But even a month later, you still wanted to get it back. So you came up with an idea, you needed help and since it wasn't a very wholesome prank, the only two who you knew would be down to help you would be Dom and Jonah.
You planned for a few days the prank, Dom had a friend that David didn't know. You were going to be in Dom and Alex's apartment, which you never are. And David will come over to film, for that, he will be hanging out with Jonah's sister in their house. So everything seems natural and smooth. He wasn't planning on going to Dom's apartment but he was going to.
You arrived exactly an hour before everything was supposed to happen, to set up the cameras and everything, you didn't have a channel so you didn't know whose channel this was going to, but you were sure this footage was going to be fighted for.
"So, are we sure David doesn't know we are doing this?" you asked Dom, he was vaping.
"Y/n, trust me..."
"I don't" you cut him off, laughing "that's the problem. And I want this to be, at least... believable."
"That's only on your acting abilities, my dear y/n."
"David doesn't know?"
"No!"
"I know David has his ways, he is un-prank-able." You said, clapping.
"See. Right now he is with Jonah's sister. Jonah's gonna call her. They're gonna crash. Jonah's sister is what will sell this, David kinda trusts her or whatever. Otherwise David would be suspicious"
"Jonah's sister knows?" you asked.
"No. Not that I know of. Yo" Dom called at Jonah's direction. "Your sister's in it?"
"No, dude." He replied.
"See. It's just me, Jonah, Seth and my boy Oscar" he said, winking at you. Oscar was his friend, he was nice and actually friendly. Sadly, it was one of Dom's friends, he probably already had a criminal record. He was bound to arrive at any minute.
"Alright, so no one has texted him nothing, no hints, nothing?"
"Yo, dude. No one's a rat in my family!"
You laughed.
"Okay Dom. I'm not saying anyone's a rat" you said, shrugging.
"No hard feelings, I forgive you" he said with a side smile. You nodded, confused.
Someone knocked on the door. Your heart skipped a beat but you knew it probably only was this guy Oscar. Seth opened the door and you were right.
He sat next to you.
"So, how are we going to do this? Do I know I'm the side dick? Or do I think I'm a legit boyfriend?"
So you talked for half an hour, arranging how everybody was going to act and such. You were nervous. Your palm started to sweat the moment Jonah said his sister and David were on their way.
In less than ten minutes he arrived with Jonah's sister. You could literally feel his presence. You tensed up and tried to cover yourself with your hair. Oscar was in Alex's bathroom and was going to come out a few minutes later.
Suzy, Jonah's sister, handed him a flash drive. You heard David's laugh and you turned around a little bit. You saw his tall figure beside the short one of Jonah's sister.
"This is why you made me drive all the way from your house?" he asked, playing with it with his fingers.
"It's important David" Jonah said, taking the flash drive away from David. "But thank you"
"You're welcome Jonah" he said. "Nothing that I love more than wasting my charge on you"
David turned around with a smile, you tensed up, turning quickly around, facing the other way.
He tapped your shoulder. And you turn around, just a little.
He raised his eyebrows, questions in his face.
"Hey" you waved. Now more nervous than ever. It was feeling like you were cheating.
He took a seat next to you. His expression was still confused.
"Didn't know you were here"
"Yeah. Was around and stopped by" you said "I figured why I usually don't stop by"
He laughed.
"Didn't expect you here but man I'm glad Jonah ask me for that stupid thing" he said, laughing and getting closer to you to kiss you. You pulled away.
His face fell.
"I just ate mexican" you said with a tiny apologetic smile.
"Are you okay?" he asked, sitting straight and scanning you.
"Yes" you said quietly. "I think you should leave"
"Wai-Wait-Wait" He said, blinking and putting his palm to stop the conversation. "Dom?" he called his friend.
"Yeah?" he said, leaning into the couch.
"Why didn't you tell me she was here? Was she okay when she came here? Did you notice anything weird?" he asked Dom while he reached for your hand and grabbed your fingers softly.
"No. Not at all" He said, glancing at you for a second.
"David, why can't you just leave?" you said, your hand now away from his grip. "I thought you only were here to drop something off"
"Ok, now you're freaking me out" David said swiftly. "What's going on?" he asked, with a softer tone, placing a hand in your arm. Looking into your eyes.
"Nothing, David" you chocked on your words.
Oscar came out of Alex's bathroom and now you got real nervous. Your eyes went to his for what seemed like nothing and came back to David's, but as you predicted, David caught that action, glancing too at Oscar.
"Oh shit" Oscar whispered when he realized David was in the room. You got to give it to him, he could act.
"Y/n, what is this?" he said, facing you now, playing with his bracelets, you could tell he was anxious and trying to hold it together.
"I'm sorry" you simply said.
He backed off a little.
"What you mean you're sorry?"
"Don't play dumb, you know what she means" said Oscar, standing beside you.
Then it clicked for him. You thought for some reason David was going to explode in some type of scene, not this. He looked lost. Disappointed. His eyes were shinning. He wasn't yelling, he wasn't storming out of the room.
"I met Oscar while you were away on tour" you explained, looking at David at he embraced your words like they were punches. After a few seconds, his eyes were watery.
"Why didn't you just end it with me?" he asked with a grimace, his tone uneven. Hugging himself.
Your heart was aching seeing him like that.
"I guess I didn't know how" you said.
He swallowed and sniffed hard.
"You're not angry?" you asked, quietly.
He looked at you once again, he looked so small. He opened his mouth but then closed again, he couldn't speak.
"I guess you have no right to be" you said, before he could reply. "You spend all that time with Natalie. Doing God knows what."
"Are you serious?" he asked in disbelief.
"I guess I got tired of being second best" you said. Standing up, frustrated that you got no reaction at all, and on top of all, feeling like the worst girlfriend in the world. And like a piece of shit. "Fuck" you yelled, exasperated, looking at David. "Do something, say something. Goddamit" you said, grabbing his head and moving it back and forth.
You heard a couple of laughs.
"Fuck. It's a prank, David" you confessed, looking at him.
His expression went black and his arms fell. You went and sat next to him.
"I'm so sorry" you said "But why couldn't you be a macho man and scream and yell and get mad. Could've been a great video."
"Because I was getting my heart broken" he said plainly, looking at you, with cold eyes.
"There's a camera in there" you pointed at the camera, he followed your finger "So don't give me that look, please" you pouted.
"It was the same camera that recorded you breaking me to pieces so you're the one to lose" he said, sounding so hurt. Your heart was pounding fast. You grabbed his face with your hands and made him look at you.
"I'm really really sorry, David" you whispered but he was looking down "I really am"
"Nothing was real?" He asked, placing his hand on top of you. You breathed out. At least he didn't hate you.
"No. Absolutely nothing. Anything I said was me trying to get a reaction from you" you said, with your free hand you went through his hair.
"Alright. You got me then" He smiled for the first time. "But you have to make it up for me"
"I'm going to make it up for you, I promise" You said, and kissed him.

Credit: dd-imagines.tumblr.com