Toni Topaz x (fem) Reader

Your relationship with Toni was anything but easy.

You came from opposite sides of town, meeting at Pops when she was with Jughead one day. You had exchanged numbers, and things blossomed from there.

Many people, yourself included, were sceptical of the relationship. It wasn't that you didn't love Toni, it was just the fact that you two were so different, especially when it came to arguments.

"I wasn't even touching her!" Toni exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air. "Plus, she's a Serpent, she's family!"

You had decided to surprise Toni at the Whyte Wyrm, considering you had the night off of work and you had finished all your homework earlier that day. When you arrived, you saw her dancing with some girl, their bodies awfully close.

"Whatever, Toni," You responded, your arms crossed over your chest. "Dance with whoever you want - screw my feelings."

"God, I hate it when you do that!" She cried.

"What?" You shot back.

"When you say things like 'screw my feelings'," She answered. "You make it seem as if I'm a terrible person for stupid things."

You rolled your eyes, shaking your head. "They're not stupid things."

She scoffed, closing her eyes for a moment. "We're done talking about this; let's just go to bed."

She walked towards the bedroom, removing her Serpent jacket as she went. You followed suit, ready to forget about tonight.

_______________________________________________________________________

"This is like, the seventh time you've blown me off," Toni acknowledged, making you raise an eyebrow.

"No, it's not," You countered. "This is the second time - and it's for a good reason."

"I'm sure it won't take you all afternoon to finish your project," She pushed.

"I need a good grade." You shrugged. "Because I actually want to do something with my life."

"Excuse me?" Toni asked, placing her hand on her chest. "What the hell is that supposed to mean."

"Nothing," You mumbled, regretting the words already. You couldn't help it - it was like you and Toni would purposefully do things to piss the other person off. There were often times things would go too far, the division between your lifestyles shining bright and threatening your relationship. But if Betty and Jughead could make it work, you were determined you and Toni could as well.

Toni groaned, before walking off and leaving you alone in your doorway. You watched as she stormed off, not even glancing back at you once.

_______________________________________________________________________

You sat with Toni and a few other Serpents outside of Southside High, smiling as you watched her interact with her friends. You knew you were unwelcome around them, but Toni always insisted that you come along because she loved you.

"Did you guys hear about the school transfer?" Sweet Pea asked, his elbows resting on the table. "We start at Riverdale High on Monday."

"What?" You asked, causing everyone to look at you. You quickly looked down, happy that no one acknowledged your question.

"They're moving us to Riverdale High?" Toni repeated. "But we're just Southside scum to the Northsiders."

"I know," Sweet Pea answered. "Something about toxic fumes, or whatever."